Hacking A-DATA 4gb microSDHC

SP0RK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything I should know about this card before I order it? I'm heavily leaning towards this one but want to have input from people who have personal experiences with it, good or bad. Also, if there's another card I should take a look at or better place to purchase from, do tell.
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A-DATA is a reliable brand. I believe it's an OEM of the Kingston MicroSDs.

Get it.Â
biggrin.gif

~Nero

Their 4GB ones are not what most of us have come to know as the Japanese micro SDs. They're manufactured in Taiwan, and I read that they recently dropped the quality of their cards; so to secure the best possible card, you have to get one from their earlier batch.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So you shouldn't only look at the class of the card? Gah, it's still too darn expensive for me to test them. 2GB is still an amazing technical achievement in my eyes.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The class does matter as its against the protocol (or whatever - the Secure Digital rules
tongue.gif
) to mislabel the card. There were some tests run on the TC forums that confirm that the first batch (and second batch, though to a lesser extent) are much faster than all the competitors (even the Japanese 1 and 4 GB card, which have very low access times)

SP0RK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does higher class number equal faster speed? I don't really know what I'm looking at when I'm searching these cards other than their size. And what's the difference with if it's made in Japan or wherever, are they of better quality and how can I tell before I order? Sorry for all the questions but I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to this stuff and want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So does higher class number equal faster speed? I don't really know what I'm looking at when I'm searching these cards other than their size. And what's the difference with if it's made in Japan or wherever, are they of better quality and how can I tell before I order? Sorry for all the questions but I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to this stuff and want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.

Basically, the Japanese-manufactured MicroSDs are the highest quality ones, which will run faster than any other one.
Taiwan MicroSDs are worse, but you won't notice too much of a difference.

As for the 4GB A-DATA MicroSDHC, I can't see if it's Taiwan or Japanese anywhere, so I can't help you with that..

~Nero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-