A-DATA 1GIG Freezing

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by blahperson, Jan 24, 2007.

Jan 24, 2007

A-DATA 1GIG Freezing by blahperson at 5:21 PM (1,425 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. blahperson
    OP

Newcomer blahperson Member

United States
    Just thought I would ask around if anyone else has had any problems, I noticed that someone mentioned it crashing on AC:WW. I'm having random crashes here and there as I play through out the day. I'm going to pull the R4DS apart and put it back together to see if that fixes anything (kicking it doesn't work). Other then that, I might have to look at another Mirco SD card if it's going to continue.

FYI : I've had it crash on - Hotel Dusk (when booting), Train your brain (during game play) and Elete Beat Agents (just anywhere).

Anyways,
    Blahperson.

2. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    It might be the R4 losing contact with your nds lite (im gonna take a wild guess and say it's an nds lite since it's the only one with this problem). So it could be experienced as a 'freeze'. I would suggest opening the R4 and try to have the chip as much down as possible if you know what I mean. Then screw it back up and try again.

Cause you are having way too many freezes with different games, which you shouldn't have.

EDIT: Typos [​IMG]

3. blahperson
    OP

United States
    Oooo, that sounds promising .. I'll do that now. I was going to bring the r4ds over to the black case anyways (having a black NDL) so I'll make sure it's as far down as it goes 'en.

Thanks.

4. decept

Member decept GBAtemp Regular

United States

Keep us updated, since I just ordered a A-Data 1GB card.

5. jtroye32

Member jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i have an adata 1gb that i haven't used yet because i haven't filled up my kingston 1gb made in japan (works flawlessly). if reseating it in the black case doesn't work try using a different computer to format and put stuff on your card.. my computer has something wrong with the USB ports that results in crazy benchmark results and so i thought this might cause data corruption even though using it was possible. so i just used a different computer that gave correct benchmark results and everything turned out fine. download hdtach from http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index...?request=HdTach and run the quick bench on your adata card. the random access time should be around 1.6-1.8ms for the adata

6. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    using hdtach to read response times on USB devices ain't really reliable due to the USB interface (card reader)... the access times will always be quicker from the MicroSD to the R4's IC

7. jtroye32

Member jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    this is true, but a full speed card reader will give a benchmark random access time of 1.6-1.8 seconds with the 1gb adata microsd. if the time is way off from this - either your card readers suck/is broken, your usb ports are messed up, or your microsd itself is messed up. i found out my usb ports were messed up using this method. i was getting access times of around 25-30ms. i tried it on a different computer and the times were dead on.

8. vlkyr

Newcomer vlkyr Member

I have the ADATA 1gb and play all those games. I've never experienced one problem yet

9. R-Unit 4

Member R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I thought that A-Data 1GB won't work...:/

10. Slippy

Newcomer Slippy Advanced Member

United States
    I have an a-data 1gb as well. The only problems I've had are with a few random lockups in CV:POR.

11. R-Unit 4

Member R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    *my mistake*

12. mflo

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Man, I hope I don't have any problems with my A-DATA 1GB

13. Nestea80

Member Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I also have an A-Data 1gb ... no problems.

14. Icarus

Member Icarus fire walk with me

United States
    I formatted my ADATA 1GB with 64K Cluster size and I seem to have longer loading times(compared to my M3 SD Perfect) on certain games like Animal Crossing. Does anyone have the same problem ? And it seems it freezes every time I pass that huge monster right in the beginning of the game..

15. blahperson
    OP

United States
    Hey everyone, well I opened and pushed everything into place on the r4ds and played games with the a-data1gig for a full day and no crashes at all. So it seems it's more a case of the DSlite not really connected with the R4cart. Thank you to everyone for there hlep on this one.

It was formated Fat16 and all that rich goodness .. but I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks
    Blahperson.

16. aphexpusher

Member aphexpusher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    not that it matters now but my a data is pretty good. if I ever experiance similare problems now I know what to do =P