• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

A dangerous blithering idiot was on TV last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Don't take medical advice from Trump."

John Balmes, a pulmonologist at San Francisco General Hospital, warned that even breathing fumes from bleach could cause severe health problems.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177

Isn't it wonderful having a low-IQ, career corporate criminal in the White House during the greatest crisis of our lifetimes?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Decision structures (people) around him are handling stuff, you can calm down. Currently the issue is Governors debating on when to reopen the economy while not necessarily being informed by data. :) Good news is, no one really listens to/depends on Trump..

And even in germany the debate circulates around 'we've given people only a little support (financial)' currently, because we cant blow too much in case of a second wave, .. Problems are similar around the world. And too little medical equipment cant be fixed that easily either

Trump himself follows an election campaign rhetoric script for their corona press conferences for about two weeks now. Nobody knows why. But let him... ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
I believe @Foxi4, somehow a mod on this site, has said very recently that people 'grossly underestimate him' lmfao, while calling his competition 'demonstrably stupid'.

I think people grossly underestimate him.

My problem with AOC is that she's demonstrably stupid

lmfao

The alt-right is so funny, they keep cucking themselves.

Last edited by Waygeek,
Reactions: DogParty

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be completely fair, he wasn't telling people to inject disinfectants. Part of his comments when told about heat and strong UV light killing the virus was asking about if there was a way to utilize that as a possible cure. I mean, with some diseases, your body develops a fever to kill them. I suppose intentionally raising your body temperature higher than usual without going high enough to hurt yourself is an idea. It makes me wonder if going somewhere like a sauna regularly, like once or twice a week, would provide any possible health benefits. UV light is a bit harder to quite get. As far as going out into the sunlight, the light itself would just stop at the skin. I don't really think that there's a way to emit UV light to penetrate the body in the same way as an X-ray.

As far as the disinfectant comment, like I said, he wasn't telling people to inject or breath in disinfectants. It looked more like he was asking if using a possible medicine to "clean" the lungs out instead of just fighting the virus like a normal medicine was possible. More like asking a dumb question to a medical professional, not actively giving medical advice.

A public news conference is probably not the time to bounce ideas off of the professionals, that's probably best done during private meetings. I can understand asking a "stupid question" with the intent mainly being to understand why something wouldn't necessarily work, but doing that publicly will probably result in some serious misunderstandings by the public, which is most likely what these articles are trying to prevent at this point.

Reactions: GomenaSAIKE

30yoDoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A public news conference is probably not the time to bounce ideas off of the professionals, that's probably best done during private meetings.
Yeah. These daily conferences are a bit much. Oddly enough UV treating blood is an archaic treatment from the 50's, but I doubt Trump was aware of it during that, now infamous, presser. Doesn't matter anyway - Lysol felt the need to issue their PSA, the narrative is well outside of his control now.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4783265/

Ratskull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe @Foxi4, somehow a mod on this site, has said very recently that people 'grossly underestimate him' lmfao, while calling his competition 'demonstrably stupid'.

lmfao

The alt-right is so funny, they keep cucking themselves.
Cooking

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Now it’s times to wait for the old song and dance of where Trump says something stupid, then his supporters bend reality in another attempt to argue that Trump didn’t just say something extremely stupid.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: WD_GASTER2 and Xzi

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
To be completely fair, he wasn't telling people to inject disinfectants. Part of his comments when told about heat and strong UV light killing the virus was asking about if there was a way to utilize that as a possible cure.
We will look into light therapy (fraud) and injecting people with disinfectant (deadly). Seems worth a try. Looks over to mil. head of Covid-19 response team for confirmation. She wants to sink into the floor.

vPcyPzF.png

https://xkcd.com/1217/

Later produces a press release saying this was said sarcastically.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/24/disinfectant-injection-coronavirus-trump/

edit: Correlation? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...eddling-bleach-cure-lobbied-trump-coronavirus

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Xzi

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Now it’s times to wait for the old song and dance of where Trump says something stupid, then his supporters bend reality in another attempt to argue that Trump didn’t just say something extremely stupid.

This post was completely dead until he came out with the 'I was joking' attempt.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This post was completely dead until he came out with the 'I was joking' attempt.
Yeah, it’s impressive how many times Trump say some stupid, gets called out, then later says it was a joke or sarcasm and his supporters defend him to the death by saying “But Trump is being sarcastic!”

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
... I was agreeing with you. As in, the trumpers stayed away from this topic until he came out with his bullshit...
Ohh! I do apologize, I misread your post. Edited my post a little to better reflect this.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A dangerous blithering idiot was on TV last night

... And he has been since he ran for presidential election. So? Call me cynical, but I lost shits to give about the USA.

When my girlfriend noted he's a mad man, I replied with one question :

Me: 'oh, by the way... Who is running candidate for the democrats again?'
She : 'oh, erm... Wait. I know. It's that... Whatshisname, right?'
Me: 'exactly. That's why USA is screwed'

Sure, Trump is breaking down the country and killing his own base (more literally than ever) , but as long as the competition is locked at home he can do whatever he wants. It's not like 20x the amount of 9/11 victims mean a damn in regards of taking responsibility.

... That'll be the media's responsability, by the way. They should know by now that they shouldn't allow morons on the microphone in times like these.

Last edited by Taleweaver, , Reason: Text size wrong due to working on tablet

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Me: 'oh, by the way... Who is running candidate for the democrats again?'
She : 'oh, erm... Wait. I know. It's that... Whatshisname, right?'
Me: 'exactly. That's why USA is screwed'

Not sure we need this size text to spot this sounds like a problem with your girlfriend, not the US.

Reactions: Seliph

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
What a witty remark! And that part where you said his girlfriend maybe was sh't - wonderful. Please more of it.

(Its said, that 60% of americans dont get irony - lets test this.)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not sure we need this size text to spot this sounds like a problem with your girlfriend, not the US.
LOL, you're right. I wrote this after copy-paste the OP. I had no idea my whole post was that size. :P

Sorry... I corrected i for clarity 's sake.

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Let's hope that this doesn't lead to another dumb cunt Democratic Hilary donor drinking disinfectant, like that woman who drank fish cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)