Hacking A D2C modded Wii, but i overlooked.....

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, captain intelligent here, was like LOL HAY DOOD MAYBE I SHOULD MOD TEH WII LOL, so i go and get it done

sound retarded? no? thats because its logical up untill this point.

I go home, read the guide on burning the programs, and realise crap.... i DONT EVEN HAVE A DVD BURNER D:

Really not that bad, cuz i was sure the computer down stairs had one..... NOPE.

So, the only burner i am accessible to now is a pioneer dvd -rw dvr-107d on a macintosh computer.

Is it possible for me to do all the de-scrambling at my house, pop the finished iso on to my portable harddrive, whip it over to my buddys and burn the image? or am i H00PED :{

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
the fact that you are asking this confirms the topic. Naturally you can transfer a file from one computer to another with proper transfer tools -.-. Generally though you won't even have to unscramble.....

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hehh, k cool, i was reading through a few guides and they specified macs could not operate one of the unscrambling programs, and yet another saying that it had to be an LG drive that would burn it.

I was simply making sure it was knownt hat the unscrambling is being done on the intended device, a windows PC, but it was the computer being used to burn the image, being both a mac and the non listed driver that made me upset.

However, i thought there was a good chance that this would be outdated information, thank you for clarifying

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the requirement of the LG drive is only there for a certain ripping program, to burn the images you can use any DVD burner really.

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
really? a good dvd burner is only 30 bucks?, sweet il have to look into that.

Btw, thank you hogmiester for clarifying that.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
You dont need to unscramble.
Only like the first dumps are scrambled the rest comes unscrambeld
wink.gif

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
get yourself a good Pioneer drive, (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827129018)i havent had any problems with my drive (model DVR-111D) just media. had a spindle of 15 Memorex DL discs, had to throw 11 out cause they partially burned, or wouldnt burn at all. took the ones that wouldnt start burning and took them to my bro's place and his burner (also pioneer, but a little newer) wouldnt start either. other than those 11 discs, all the verbatim and HP media ive burned on it work fine data wise... SSBB is a different story (only cause d2ckey doesnt like the Caravan dump for some reason)

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you see, i just got home and thought about that, not sure if my friends dvd burner can burn dual layer? or can they all do that?
sleep.gif
, ive been a pc gamer for the last 5 years and havent had to put anything to a physical format :\

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not all dvd burners can burn dual layer, so i'd look into it before getting all excited and buying the media and running to your friend only to be disapointed
smile.gif

personally, i feel its worth the investment of like 30-50$ for a dvd burner as has already been mentioned. but i've been using chipped systems for years now so of course its worth it for me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827106228 i love my lite-ons and have been loyal for years... i've got the 16x model from a year or more back and its never failed ye.. i may end up ordering this (25$ i mean cmon excellent price)

Tweaked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
heh you know exactly where it is
biggrin.gif
you just know it as your cd drive.

or sometimes the one below your cd drive

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
um, sorry for the bump but I just noticed ^^ post. Anyways, that's a "DVD drive"? That was built into the computer, can you take it out and put in another? Well anyways if that is a DVD drive then I have one in every comp
smile.gif

Really sorry about my computer illiteracy, please forgive
frown.gif

quadomatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*

Not all disc drives are the same. The front of the drive should have some kind of label on it, so you can identify if its a dvd burner, cd burner, or just a regular cd or dvd drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it