Hacking RELEASE A custom sysmodule for Atmosphere that allows writing to PRODINFO

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update via Nintendo server it boot without the custom bootloader and use Nintendo own bootloader and end up burning your fuse, same case goes for if you have a system on a lower fuse count but higher firmware, booting into OFW without a custom bootloader you burn your fuse, with a higher fuse count and lower firmware it would refuse to boot on OFW without a custom bootloader like Hekate.
but this wouldnt be a problem for sysnand/emu nand though right? Updating sysnand will burn a fuse as its suppose to. (which I want for online) and emu for offline. If I update emu, that shouldnt affect fuse count or does it?

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't affect emunand as emunand has no fuse count.
So what I have to do is not update my OFW until Im able to update my CFW on emu nand? I dont have auto rcm enabled since then I wouldnt be able to boot into OFW when I wanna go online. Sorry man this fuses stuff is over my head

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I have to do is not update my OFW until Im able to update my CFW on emu nand? I dont have auto rcm enabled since then I wouldnt be able to boot into OFW when I wanna go online. Sorry man this fuses stuff is over my head

You can always update both NAND firmware as they are seperate, you can be on higher firmware with lower fuse count, in addition to having an emunand. Fuse is for downgrade purpose, it is Nintendo way of anti downgrade, so that you can't just go around just flashing any firmware you want.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always update both NAND firmware as they are seperate, you can be on higher firmware with lower fuse count, in addition to having an emunand. Fuse is for downgrade purpose, it is Nintendo way of anti downgrade, so that you can't just go around just flashing any firmware you want.
oh I see, so when you downgrade without rcm it would boot using nintys bootloader and burn fuses causing a mismatch. (lower firmware) and more fuses burnt. Thats alright I dont plan on downgrading. I already had enough with just jailbreaking lol Thank you!

Reactions: Hayato213

benfah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Whats does he means with: Warning: Please delete this sysmodule after modifying PRODINFO for security reasons?
Also do I have to do this everytime I boot up the console or whats the idea behind it?
Followed these steps:
if you are using Kosmos, after you put everything in SD and put it back, follow this step :
1.Go to Kosmos Toolbox
2.Reboot to Hekate
3.Payloads---fusee-primary.bin
4.Incognito
5.Power off
6.Boot to Hekate
7.Launch---CFW(EMUNAND)
8.Go check serial number and make sure you don't miss anything
It works on my 8.1.0 emuMMC with Kosmos 13.0.1
You do this procedure only once. And like Hayato said, you don't want any other homebrew app messing with critical partitions of your switch. :)

Zakie

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made this sysmodule only because currently there is no easy way to install Incognito while in emuMMC.

How To Install:

1. Move the downloaded ams_mitm.kip into the "atmosphere/kips" folder. If the folder "kips" doesn't exist, create it.
2. Create a new folder in "atmosphere" called "flags".
3. Create an empty file called "hbl_cal_read.flag" in this folder and plug your SD card back into your Switch.
4. Boot fusee_primary.bin and not the [CFW] option by Kosmos!

You're done! All homebrew applications including Incognito should now have access to PRODINFO.

Warning: Please delete this sysmodule after modifying PRODINFO for security reasons.

Source: https://github.com/benfah/Atmosphere
okay are u talking about "klp _patches"?

Link1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for all the effort you've put in this. Could you please tell me if I can use this sysmodule with 9.0.1 as well?

Link1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. It's early stage software though. I'd really like to know if I can use this solution in this thread with the newest firmware :)

Darkrai27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Best way for installing this in emuMMC?? What's that Incognito RCM?? If I boot from Hekate using the fusee-primary payload I boot to sysMMC or emuMMC? Thanks

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works fine on 9.0.1 EmuMMC tested it today setting up my clean switch only to dump/inject saves
My console serial is gone. I didn't use the rcm version btw I just followed what he posted on the OP

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sept splash - Atmosphere splash - atmosphere b/w icon on black background

I mistaken the third splash for incognito splash, since it was b/w colored.
(I went to google incognito splashes, and it's different)

I'm using fusee geelee primary from github for stack smash, so I know it's not incognito payload

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night