A Couple questions from a guy who just installed Luma/A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by dev1niscool, Jan 16, 2017.

1. dev1niscool
    OP

dev1niscool Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    So i just installed CFW (I think) from this guide, https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax , and went down to step 24.

1. Is there anything I need to do to go to CFW, or will it always boot to CFW

2. If I am already in CFW, how do I install cias (I already have FBI)

3. Which one do you recommend, Freeshop or tikShop, and how do you install both

4. How do you download dlc for free

Last edited by dev1niscool, Jan 16, 2017
  2. Risingdawn

Risingdawn GBAtemp Pickle

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    pretty sure you can't ask about cias

OrGoN3 likes this.
  3. dev1niscool
    OP

dev1niscool Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Ooops, I didn't mean download, I know how to do that, I meant install, is that allowed?

OrGoN3 likes this.
  4. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    So i just installed CFW (I think) from this guide, https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax , and went down to step 24.

1. Is there anything I need to do to go to CFW, or will it always boot to CFW If you were paying attention to the guide, CFW is loaded up always.

2. If I am already in CFW, how do I download cias (I already have FBI) CIAs of homebrew can be found on homebrew sites and on this site. CIAs of games and eShops are illegal and cannot be shared or told how to share on this site. If you are asking how to download CIAs onto your 3DS, you can move your CIA files to your SD card and install via FBI, or through the network via SocketPunch (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-fbi-network-cia-installer-for-android-pc.412174/)

3. Which one do you recommend, Freeshop or tikShop, and how do you install both FreeShop. You will have to look around for a freeshop cia, as it was DMCA'd on GitHub. Check that iso site.

4. How do you download dlc for free FreeShop.....or from that iso site.

We cannot tell you where to get illegal files from. Just google around for a certain iso site that is related to this thread's section. You'll find it.

5. dev1niscool
    OP

dev1niscool Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    OMG, Thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH OrGon3

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH

OrGoN3 likes this.
  6. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    My pleasure friend. Just FYI, CIA installs are slow regardless of how you install them. It's one of the few downsides to the 3DS. Well, I guess unless you use that 0-key movable.sed release. I still don't really get that thing, but oh well.