OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

and I'm confused about a couple things.

The GC backup launcher included... when I start it up, it lets me choose MIOSv5, MIOSv8, etc. but the default is MIOSv5. Which should I be installing? And I see at the top of the screen it was made by WiiGator, does Waninkoko's verison have better compatibility?

Also, I'm about to install preloader for the first time. I like the idea of making my Wii more brick-proof, but is there an option to hold a certain button while turning on the Wii to bring up the preloader menu? I have a lot of friends who use my Wii too, and it's not the most appealing thing to see when you first turn on the Wii, and it'll probably confuse the hell out of them.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
I followed this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

and I'm confused about a couple things.

The GC backup launcher included... when I start it up, it lets me choose MIOSv5, MIOSv8, etc. but the default is MIOSv5. Which should I be installing? And I see at the top of the screen it was made by WiiGator, does Waninkoko's verison have better compatibility?

Also, I'm about to install preloader for the first time. I like the idea of making my Wii more brick-proof, but is there an option to hold a certain button while turning on the Wii to bring up the preloader menu? I have a lot of friends who use my Wii too, and it's not the most appealing thing to see when you first turn on the Wii, and it'll probably confuse the hell out of them.

1: i dont think waninkoko ever made a loader.
2: You can access preloader by holding the reset button when powering on the wii.

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Waninkoko made his own cMIOS or something, I remember when it first came out people were comparing the two. It's just been a good few months since I've been on the Wii scene so I'm out of date with what all's been released as of late.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.