A couple problems with games...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kcbomber, Jun 1, 2010.

Jun 1, 2010
  1. kcbomber
    OP

Member kcbomber GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok guys, bear with me for a bit: So i hacked my Wii a while ago using Life hacker's Backup guide and it worked great. All the games i have work great so far except Sakura Wars and De blob. I am not sure if they are bad dumps or they're nuked. I was looking around and someone said i needed to install hermes installer v5. Specifically, i needed to install cIOS222 if i wanted to play Sakura Wars.

so i used this guide: http://gbatemp.net/t212497-best-cios-selection-for-newbies?

But when i used blue dump and tried to pack IOS249 into a WAD, it tells me "ISFS OPEN for 00000001/000000f9 Failed - 106" (and this is IOS249 v19, if it that helps)

Also another game that doesn't work for me is De Blob, When i load it into my HDD, it tells me it is successfully loaded, but then it doesn't appear on my USB Loadeder GX. Is there something else that i must do to make this game playable?

I am not sure what it is that i am doing wrong, If someone could lend me a hand, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    For blue dump press 1 when the IOS is selected and press backup wad. Make sure the IOS's are installed for the game you are using. Use this guide to hack your wii.

3. kcbomber
    OP

United States
    yes, that's what i did and it gave me that error. When i used MMM, it tells me that i am Downgrading my IOS's. Is there any idea why it would do that? help would be very much appreciated! [​IMG]

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u can use NUS Auto Downloader to get the cIOS WADs u need (or hack your wii from square one if u want)

5. kcbomber
    OP

United States
    Hey guys, i just found something out: I decided to try out the CFG USB loader and loaded Sakura Wars with IOS 222 and it actually works! I assume that means that USB Loader GX (the one i was currently using) mainly uses IOS 249? Is there a way where i can load this game properly on the USB Loader GX?

EDIT: Nvm... i got Sakura Wars to work fully on both USB loaders... But the suggestions were helpful! thanks!

On the other hand, De Blob still doesnt show up on the list when i run the USB loader. Any idea why?

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    u can change the IOS used in gx and in cfg