Homebrew A couple of simple questions

Demian25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First of sorry if it's not properly posted.

But I've been off the 3DS for a couple of months, the last thing I remember were back in January rumours of the future sound hax. I put a little attention with the tons of new hax and with Nintendo trying to block the homebrew stores and many things like that but I barely use my 3ds in that time. (Mostly because of breath of the wild)

Now I want to start again for the new Fire Emblem but I'm worried that I might missed something critical and I know that some post can go as far as to 100-500 pages (like the ones for the bans of Pokemon) so I just want to know if there is something to worry.

(Like avoid wifi connection, avoid specific updates, and things like that.) Also if you think that I should update my 3ds for shadows of Valentia. (I usually don't play online so I hope it's not necessary.)

Currently I'm on Old3Ds 11.2.0.-35U Cfw luma

Thanks and sorry if any inconvenience.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
First of sorry if it's not properly posted.

But I've been off the 3DS for a couple of months, the last thing I remember were back in January rumours of the future sound hax. I put a little attention with the tons of new hax and with Nintendo trying to block the homebrew stores and many things like that but I barely use my 3ds in that time. (Mostly because of breath of the wild)

Now I want to start again for the new Fire Emblem but I'm worried that I might missed something critical and I know that some post can go as far as to 100-500 pages (like the ones for the bans of Pokemon) so I just want to know if there is something to worry.

(Like avoid wifi connection, avoid specific updates, and things like that.) Also if you think that I should update my 3ds for shadows of Valentia. (I usually don't play online so I hope it's not necessary.)

Currently I'm on Old3Ds 11.2.0.-35U Cfw luma

Thanks and sorry if any inconvenience.
If you have A9LH then you have nothing to worry about. Might be a good idea to avoid new updates until it's confirmed that they don't break anything though (11.4 for example broke a lot of homebrew)

Reactions: Demian25

sunfused

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's fine to update with cfw, just always make a nand backup beforehand so if you need to go back you can. And if you want to stay under 11.4, you can play online using ctr-httpwn

Demian25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's fine to update with cfw, just always make a nand backup beforehand so if you need to go back you can. And if you want to stay under 11.4, you can play online using ctr-httpwn

You're a life saver. Thank you so much. I really don't want to update for some of the last news I remember so definitely going to check ctr. Thanks! :)

Reactions: sunfused

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can hack your 3ds right now and you should not update since 11.4 breaks some things. In every case, just follow the guide and install A9LH and you're safe! (and make NAND backups)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans