A couple of requests for the reviewer ...

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by MaHe, Oct 17, 2006.

1. MaHe
    OP

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    1. Could you download & try DSLinux for GBA Movie Player from http://kineox.free.fr/DS/ , put it on DS-X, boot it and in case it boots up okay type 'ls'? I'm anxious to hear the results. [​IMG]
    2. Also, could you try to boot a file from DSOrganize? I want to know what device is DS-X recognized as ...

Thanks!

2. webez

webez Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2005
    2. Mk3

3. jessking

jessking Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    3. Most importantly: Does it fully support Japanese games? (Judging from the " fail to boot Pokemon Dimond" review" ... I was really worried)

4. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    It´s not a region problem.
    It´s an EEPROM default size problem, PKMN needs 4MB, DS-X have only 2MB.

5. jessking

jessking Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2006
    United States

So that means it is impossible for DS-X team to fix? How many games required a 4MB EEPROM size so far? I know it's hard to answer...

But I'm going to purchase my first backup device (G6, M3, or DS-X) for the upcoming game such as Contact, and FF3. So I have to make sure those games will work on DS-X.

6. MaHe
    OP

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    Ah, thanks. This mean DSLinux won't run either. :'(

Jessking: I think Pokemon is the first DS game to use 4Mb EEPROM ...
    And it's not impossible to fix - they'll just have to either compress the savefile (sounds somewhat impossible) or force the game to save directly to flash.

7. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    Yes so far PKMN it´s the only game which uses 4MB EEPROM, and the DS-X have dynamic EEPROM memory, so in theory it can be fixed with just a firmware update. [​IMG]

I´ll go for the DS-X too [​IMG]

8. xDRONEx

xDRONEx Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2006
    United States
    Does DS-X support GBA games? I've heard no mention of it at all - so I am assuming no.

9. htoxad

htoxad GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2005
    United States
    I don't believe any Slot 1 device supports GBA games.

10. teonintyfive

teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2006
    Greece
    Greece, Somewhere in Macedonia
    It's impossible to support GBA games.

11. dreadyz

dreadyz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2006
    France
    France
    I've tried a couple of different versions of Nintendogs and the .sav file is corrupted each time I restart the game. All the other games I've tried work . My girlfriend and I both have unflashed ds-lites and download play works flawlessly. Has anyone else had the same problem with Nintendogs on the DS-Xtreme?

12. muggsy

muggsy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2006
    I have experienced some problems with corrupted save slots. It seems that the save to slot 1 overwrites part of slot 2 and hence it believes it is corrupted and deletes the slot 2 save. I found however that overwriting the other slots with actual save data fixes this.

So save a game in Slot 1, and then copy that to the other available slot and the errors should cease

I experienced problems with Children of Mana and NSMB

13. nathan

nathan Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2006
    United States
    Just a question for the reviewer; in the review it says nds mail runs fine on the ds-x. However I tried version 0.45/0.47 and the latest 0.49 and non of them run, they give a 'check init' message and then just hang.

So what version did you use? I'd like to get it working on mine too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice