A couple of questions...

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by pplucky, Jun 2, 2011.

Jun 2, 2011

A couple of questions... by pplucky at 10:38 AM (566 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. pplucky
    OP

Member pplucky GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Hello all.

I have a couple of questions regarding a PSP Slim (hackable)...

Currently it is running CFW 5.50GEN-D3 permanent, but I would like to change it to 6.20PRO-B6 or 6.20TN-E fix (temporary hack). Which one would you advice the best?

What is the best way to do it? Install OFW 6.20 and then run directly one of these 2? No problem in installing OFW over CFW?

Thanks in advance.

2. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Here is a useful comparison between the different CFWs, that includes those two: http://gbatemp.net/t293324-psp-custom-firmware-guide
    Here is another, this one is more informative but muchhh longer: http://gbatemp.net/t293435-the-psp-in-prof...choices-of-toda
    They should help you make your decision.

As for your second question, yes you should be able to install OFW directly over your current CFW. You *might* receive an error message that says "Firmware is already 9.90. There's no need to upgrade." though. If so just change your version.txt:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The softmod (hack) guide has a section at the top on how to correctly install OFW over CFW, tested to properly install 6.20 OFW so you can move onto whatever 6.x CFW you choose. I recommend this method over others as Hellcat's automatically disables plugins and takes other such precautions.

4. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    I see! And I was wondering about that too. Thanks!

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah, I'd trust hellcat's more than trusting that people disabled their plugins and edited version.txt correctly (it's not just the single version string that things check). better safe than sorry, even if it does involve downloading another program.