Hacking A couple of questions

Robbert777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could you please explain to me how I could install this cIOS249_v19 file?

I mean what program I should use and stuff...

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Robbert777 said:
Could you please explain to me how I could install this cIOS249_v19 file?

I mean what program I should use and stuff...

Here...
see this tut -> http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below

Do this part only:

Modify 4.2
- Setting up the SD Card
- Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
- Priiloader

If you want read the other parts but you wont need to do them. Just good you understand all you doing.
Good luck.

Robbert777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I guess I can install it through a WAD installer application...

the problem is that there are 5 diffrent version of this cIOS249_v19 file.

1. cIOS249[70]-v19
2. cIOS249[60]-v19
3. cIOS249[57]-v19
4. cIOS249[38]-v19
5. cIOS249[37]-v19

Which one should I use?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Robbert777 said:
Well I guess I can install it through a WAD installer application...

the problem is that there are 5 diffrent version of this cIOS249_v19 file.

1. cIOS249[70]-v19
2. cIOS249[60]-v19
3. cIOS249[57]-v19
4. cIOS249[38]-v19
5. cIOS249[37]-v19

Which one should I use?

Advised to used 38 base (some othe modders might not agree)
cIOS249[38]-v19

Robbert777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Allright that seems to work! But there is another problem... sorry
tongue.gif

Now when I try to launch my backup from new super mario bros wii it freezes!

the first time it froze after I launched the game and came by the 'safety screen'.

the second time (now) it is freezing while I'm launching the game trough configurable USB launcher.

frown.gif
for a second there I actually thought it worked...

What should I do now?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Robbert777 said:
Allright that seems to work! But there is another problem... sorry
tongue.gif

Now when I try to launch my backup from new super mario bros wii it freezes!

the first time it froze after I launched the game and came by the 'safety screen'.

the second time (now) it is freezing while I'm launching the game trough configurable USB launcher.

frown.gif
for a second there I actually thought it worked...

What should I do now?

Sorry CFG is not my "beach"...
ask someone at that thread for assistance.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if your copy of the game already has a hardcoded patch in it (ie. did u open it in wiiscrubber and hex edit some shit?), make sure to use the configurator for configurable usb loader to disable the NSMB patch. Otherwise, it should be enabled.

if all else fails, just select a different cIOS from the ones u already have installed to use in cfg loader until u find one that works (and if u don't, then come back and let us know what u tried). I seem to recall NSMB not liking cIOS249rev19 base 57... just try 222 or 223 until u find one that works

Robbert777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No I did not hex edit or anything like that. I find this stuff hard enough already.

I'm going to try it once again to see if it works, Well it froze again while loading (inside configurable USB loader).

What is a CFG btw? I don't really get it.
What should I change ecxactly, and with what program?

btw thanks to all people contributing, I could not have been so far whitout you guys.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
CFG is short for configurable, so configurable usb loader = cfg usb loader, or sometimes just "cfg"

from inside cfg loader, select the game, hit 1 to get to game options, then change the IOS used from 249 to 222 and try again, if it doesn't work, try 223, etc.

Chances are u already have a cIOS installed that can play the game. If after trying them all, it still doesn't work, I (or some1 else) will tell u install cIOS 222 v5 (or some other cIOS, more than 1 should work)

Robbert777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the config menu I get to chose from different IOS-es, but I don't know which to choose because they are so similair.

Which one should I picK?

222-nload or 222-yal

Also, the CFG usb loader froze once before I could select the backup! Is there a way to fix this?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Robbert777 said:
In the config menu I get to chose from different IOS-es, but I don't know which to choose because they are so similair.

Which one should I picK?
222-nload or 222-yal

Also, the CFG usb loader froze once before I could select the backup! Is there a way to fix this?

try 222 mload first, but seriously, u can't harm your wii by choosing a 'bad' cIOS to launch your game, to don't be scared, and try them all

did it freeze just the one time? or every time? if it only happened once, chalk it up to fluke and forget about it

Robbert777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It freezes A LOT. actually it is freezingn right now -.- .

five times in a row now. I'm almost sure it will freeze when I try other options. It would be nice if it wouldn't froze all the time.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Robbert777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What program do I need to defragment my HD? (btw do you mean HDD of the Wii or the SD card OR the USB drive?). Btw my SD card is currentyl a mess, files all over the place, backups and other mess. Should I do something about that or is it totally unrelated to my problems?

I will now try it with a fresh version of cfg loader, will report back in when I got new results.

Robbert777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, the drive is defragged.

Could you perhaps tell me if I'm installing the CFG the right way? Because the first time I wasn't sure if I was doing it right.

- I took the full instalation from here: http://gbatemp.net/t147638-configurable-usb-loader?#4
- open the .zip file and open the inSDRoot map
- put those maps 'apps' and 'usb-loader' in the Root of the SD

But what to do with the cfg56-222.dol file what in the zip file? where should I take it?

btw I have millions of cIOS in my root of the SD, can I remove them from there?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the 222 dol is there in case u want to use it instead of the 249 dol (saved here: SD:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol)

if u are not sure where to save things, u can use nus auto downloader to download "cfg249" (or cfg222) and the usb-loader folder "USB" and it will save everything in the right places for u, but it sounds like u got everything done correctly so far

u don't need to keep any wads on the root of your sd card unless u using an app like TBR or a cios installer etc. If u are done modding ur wii, u can get rid of these files. btw, u sure they are cIOSs saved there? cuz that's weird, I can understand IOSs, but not cIOSs, u sure u modded ur wii correctly? If you're not sure, rehack your wii using NUS Auto Downloader.

Robbert777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, I'm not realy sure if I hacked it correctly. I would like to Use that NUS downloader but I was afraid it wouldn't work anymore since I already had begun modding the Wii.

And yes, the are many cIOS-es there, I put them all over the place to make sure a program can find it when it would be looking for one (yeah, I totally suck at stuff like this so I just 'do' things).

I will try it just once again and otherwise I will use this NUS auto downloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay