Homebrew A couple of questions regarding controller emulation.

TheRealNGB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to emulate wiimotes in the wii u menu, my wiimotes are in the mail, but in the mean time is there anyway I can simply enter wii injects that require a wiimote, I simply want to be able to test the games to make sure they boot properly, and maybe play a couple that have classic controller support.

also is there anything in the works for syncing multiple gamepads to the wii u, or at the very least can i sync a second gamepad (while disconnecting the first) without having to physically press the wii u systems sync button. The idea is that I want to be able to keep one gamepad in my room, while having the other in the same room as the console, so that both have easy access to the system.

TheRealNGB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LOL, fair enough.... well someone ought to, I mean, there is a rom hack for mario paint to emulate the mouse controls, while not an ideal way to play the game you think someone would have come up with something similar for the wii's motion controller by now.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL, fair enough.... well someone ought to, I mean, there is a rom hack for mario paint to emulate the mouse controls, while not an ideal way to play the game you think someone would have come up with something similar for the wii's motion controller by now.
It's not that simple. The Wii is a more complicated system, you'd need to completely rewrite the controller firmware, and that would only allow it on the system menu. You'd need to replace the firmware (IOS I think it's called) in every single game, and it still wouldn't work for every game.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that simple. The Wii is a more complicated system, you'd need to completely rewrite the controller firmware, and that would only allow it on the system menu. You'd need to replace the firmware (IOS I think it's called) in every single game, and it still wouldn't work for every game.
Nah, once you re-write an IOS it's global, kind of like a driver on a computer

It' still absolutely not worth the effort of attempting to, though

D

Deleted-351540

While we're on the subject, are there any emulators (including vWii) that can use the gamepad display and use the buttons other than Retroarch? Mainly looking for NES/SNES/Genesis. I know about NOT64 and WiiSX, but I'm not concerned with those.

I will admit that I haven't looked into injects, but I also assumed that Genesis wasn't possible with injects and that was why.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While we're on the subject, are there any emulators (including vWii) that can use the gamepad display and use the buttons other than Retroarch? Mainly looking for NES/SNES/Genesis. I know about NOT64 and WiiSX, but I'm not concerned with those.

I will admit that I haven't looked into injects, but I also assumed that Genesis wasn't possible with injects and that was why.
Nintendont can, too

D

Deleted-351540

Nintendont can, too
Yep, sure can. I've been playing a lot of GameCube games that way. (Star Fox Adventures is still an awesome game.)

Edit: If it isn't possible, can someone explain why and what may be done to the vWii emulators to work as Nintendont does?

Last edited by ,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheRealNGB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, once you re-write an IOS it's global, kind of like a driver on a computer

It' still absolutely not worth the effort of attempting to, though

I disagree, while I only need the feature for the menu which would simply require emulating the wiimotes + button, people have been using wiimote emulation in Dolphin for years, many games like Donkey Kong Country, and Punch-Out are very playable with it, and would be well worth while for those in need of a temporary solution.

As far as dual gamepad syncing, that has obviously been a sought after feature since consoles release.

Last edited by TheRealNGB,

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, sure can. I've been playing a lot of GameCube games that way. (Star Fox Adventures is still an awesome game.)

Edit: If it isn't possible, can someone explain why and what may be done to the vWii emulators to work as Nintendont does?
It has to have FIX94's libwiidrc integrated into it. The only things he's managed to get it working with (outside of Nintendont) is Wii64 1.2 Beta, a fork of Homebrew Channel, and FCEUGX which he uploaded to his mediafire and linked on another thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PotatoStatic @ PotatoStatic: Jesus. Someone really wants to give me speedy loans.