A couple of questions about emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Sicsuicide, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Sicsuicide
    OP

Sicsuicide GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2008
    United States
    As of yesterday I have downgraded and setup emunand updated it to 10.6,but I cannot find anything on persistant game updates(yes nands are not linked) and can you install custom themes to emunand?

2. ImInsane

ImInsane Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2014
    Brazil
    U can update ur games via eshop like u do in sysNand and u can install Custom home menu manager for custom themes.

3. Sicsuicide
    OP

Nov 15, 2008
    United States
    when i update its tosses up an error

4. ImInsane

ImInsane Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2014
    Brazil
    the game is from same region ur 3ds ? If u try update a EUR game with a USA console u will get a error.

5. phant0mg33k

phant0mg33k Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    If you are still getting errors after changing the CIA, grab the update cia as well. Updates do no have an identifying headers from what I understand. So even installing a CIA update from another user's pre-made CIA should do the trick. I had this issue with shovel night, the cia update fixed it. If neither on of those is working go to the eShop search for the game once you find it scroll all the way to the bottom and click the "repair software" button. then try the update from the home screen again. Another trick is sometimes you can just simply grab the update from the eShop by searching for the game. Pokemon X, and Y I have done this with.

6. Sicsuicide
    OP

Nov 15, 2008
    United States
    its a cart ive had and my zelda MM is usa its error 022-2634
    i cant even get into the eshop

Last edited by Sicsuicide, Mar 9, 2016
  7. joyoshi

joyoshi ICUP

Oct 9, 2015
    Netherlands
    Shoved up your nose
    Try signing in on your NNID on sysnand

8. phant0mg33k

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    Yeah sounds like the issue to me lol. You can't get any updates without making out having a Nintendo network ID

9. Sicsuicide
    OP

Nov 15, 2008
    United States
    how do i do that on sys nand 9.2 as it nags me to update when i try

10. phant0mg33k

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    you will need to do it from the updated EmuNAND on 10.6 under settings while in emunand.

11. Sicsuicide
    OP

Nov 15, 2008
    United States
    I just tried got the same error,did i fubar something?

12. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    you need to link your nands back; use decrypt9 to clone sysnand to emunand, then update emunand while still linked, sign in and then you can unlink

13. phant0mg33k

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    That or it is possible you are still linked to your old sysnand on that EMUNAND. When you set up the system did you format the nand's to unlink them? if you did a downgrade and the device had a NNID on it beforehand it will still be floating around when you cloned your sysnand to emunand that maybe your issue. You just have to make an emunand backup and a backup of your nand's folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/, then format emunand in system settings, re-link your NNID in your newly formatted emunand, then restore emunand backup and restore your folder in Nintendo 3DS so you don't lose your games and your saves. I have never needed my nands linked to get a NNID to work on EMUNAND.