A couple of ncard questions

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Azimuth, Oct 14, 2007.

Oct 14, 2007

A couple of ncard questions by Azimuth at 10:42 PM (1,112 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Azimuth
    OP

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    My g6 lite has been acting weird the last couple of weeks, it randomly erases saves, doesn't startup properly and games freeze at random points. I've tried everything to fix it but nothing has worked so far and I suspect its due to hardware damage. I decided to buy an ncard as a replacement since its cheap. I have a few questions though

1. When using the gba slot writer is it detected as a usb storage device(no drivers?)
    2. How long does it take to write a rom(512Mb for example)

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    1. Yes

2. I can't recall the exact time, but it's pretty slow. Maybe about 1 minute for a 512 Mb rom...

3. Glacius0

Member Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Hey, I had similar problems with my g6 lite. I fixed it by putting some paper under the contacts inside the cartridge so it was lifted and touched the contacts inside the DS more firmly.

Still though, I bought an n-card clone and I'm very happy with it. Writing times are indeed about a minute for a 512 mbit (64 mb) file which isn't bad imo. Since I don't have usb 2 I got around the same speeds with my g6 lite.