A couple of DSTWO questions...

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by cowboycoder77, May 31, 2010.

May 31, 2010
  1. cowboycoder77
    OP

Newcomer cowboycoder77 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Just a couple of questions if you don't mind:

How does the new EOS compare to other flash cart OSs? I have only ever used CycloDS firmware and AKAIO. Is EOS much more smooth/advanced?

What difference does the regional hardware version make? Lots of sites sell DSTWO but generally they don't specify if it is the English or Chinese version. What difference would it actually make since both versions of the OS can apparently run in English anyway? What puzzles me slightly is that all the download links I see for EOS updates have just one link and not a pair (for the English/Chinese versions). I had previously read that there were two separate versions of the OS for the two respective hardware versions, but I only ever see one link.

Many thanks.

2. Matthew

Member Matthew GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Its supossably faster and eaiser to use than the previous firmware. I think there is a review somewere here. If not go to the Supercard DSTwo review as it uses EOS

3. hullo8d

Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well I wouldn't know how it would compare to other flashcards because I only owned a r4 clone until the DStwo came out, but the EOS on is good. Has a Startup Screen which displays your shortcuts to plugins either custom such as emulators or stock such as Slot2 GBA, DS, and GBA emulator. I think the difference between both the Chinese and English is just language so if you boot up a game it would most likely boot in with the Chinese language if available, but that is just speculation.

4. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    Supercard DSTWO: General Discussion & Questions, No need to post 1000 topics, just post in here!

I'll start off by saying please in future use the damn sticky it's there for exactly this type of thing.

1. The EOS isn't perfect, it is however very nice and fairly fluid, quite easy to use aswell. With a couple of updates it could become really solid.

2. The regional difference doesn't matter, both carts can run in english. About the updates and only one link, there's only one link because you only need one link, if your after the english updates there's no problem as you'll probably be at the english supercard forum anyway, I haven't frequented the Supercard forums too much but I hear they have a chinese forum aswell so I presume their update is over there, simple. Don't worry about it.

I'll mention again before you post a topic please check the stickies out, whilst your question may not have been answered there, the stickies are there for posting questions too. This is jusdt to keep the Supercard part of the forum clean and tidy because there is more than one very active supercard flashcart and people need help with those to.

EDIT:- typo [​IMG]

5. cowboycoder77
    OP

Newcomer cowboycoder77 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies. Yeah shit I should have used the sticky. Apologies for the clutter ;-)