A couple of Acekard questions

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by omgpwn666, Sep 23, 2009.

Sep 23, 2009
  1. omgpwn666
    OP

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Ok I wanted to know some stuff that I have been wondering for sometime. I got a Acekard 2i and its not spring loaded,my friends is.
    ----------------QUESTIONS-------------------
    1)The newer Acekards are spring loaded ones?
    2)Is there any other differences compared to spring and non spring loaded besides the spring?
    3)How do some Acekards get a bad connection between the DS/DSi and the card when it feels so squished in there? I mean it really feels like its tight in there.
    4)How is it possible to brick a Acekard?
    5)Is it higher risk to break a Acekard with Akaio?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok,that is all I need/want to know. Ive had my Acekard for like 3-4 weeks and have had no problems on the latest Akaio (1.5,I was 1.4 of course) and using the latest DSi firmware with the Danny Phantom hack. Answer these questions I will be very happy [​IMG]

2. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    ----------------QUESTIONS-------------------
    1)The newer Acekards are spring loaded ones?
    2)Is there any other differences compared to spring and non spring loaded besides the spring?
    3)How do some Acekards get a bad connection between the DS/DSi and the card when it feels so squished in there? I mean it really feels like its tight in there.
    4)How is it possible to brick a Acekard?
    5)Is it higher risk to break a Acekard with Akaio?
    ----------------ANSWERS-------------------
    1)apparently i know mine is and got it yesterday.
    2)i think the spring loaded ones are a bit harder to eject the micro sd card from but this isn't a huge problem.
    3)my guess is as i compared the contacts to my ak2i to my dstt the ak2i's are a little higher up on the pcb than the dstt's, i don't really have connection issues but if i bump my ak2i while playing a game on it it freezes so i just stuck a small piece of paper in the slotand it doesn't anymore.
    4)not completing a boot loader update 100% will brick it nothing else should.
    5)no akaio has nothing to do with bricking akaio is a firmware not a boot loader.

3. omgpwn666
    OP

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Wow,you answered everything I needed,thanks. I wish I could delete topics =P

4. paladinja

Newcomer paladinja Newbie

United States
    I have a ... sort of related question. Mostly I'm putting it here because (as previously stated) this guy seems to know everything & I hope he's still getting thread updates. [​IMG]

What I've got:
    DSi, FW 1.3u, Acekard 2i, AKAIO 1.4.1

What I did:
    Ran the "Danny Phantom" hack (to be able to update to DSi FW 1.4)

Result:
    Seemed to go fine, now have "Danny Phantom" icon. However, going into system settings reveals that I'm, still on DSi FW1.3u. And when I try to go into DSi store, it prompts me to update my firmware..

Questions:
    1) At that point, am I supposed to click "update" & let the DSi update to DSi FW1.4?
    2) Was the Phantom hack supposed to update the DSi FW to 1.4? None of the guides I saw online listed a final step of "Now update to DSi FW 1.4", they all seem to indicate the hack does it for you.
    3) Is it a problem that my AK2i I was on AKAIO FW when I ran the hack? I only realized afterwards that all the tutorials assumed that you were on official Acekard FW.
    4) If that WAS a problem, can I switch to the official Acekard FW and run the hack AGAIN? Or will I risk bricking by double-doing it.
    5) If 3&4 are BOTH problems, what should I do?

If the answer to #1 is "YES, duh" (haha), then sorry for the other points, I was just trying to avoid allot of back-and-forth.
    Thank you SO much for your help, I've got some DSi points that are finally worth spending! [​IMG]

5. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Answer to your 1) Yes you do.

6. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    the danny phantom hack only make the ak2i compatible

7. paladinja

Newcomer paladinja Newbie

United States
    You are both most awesome, and I am a nervous man named Sally. But better a Sally than a brick owner. Haha

8. ParMa

Newcomer ParMa Advanced Member

United States
    Haha.. I know, KNOW this is absolutely newbish.. but how exactly do you update the boot loader(s)?
    If it's what I'm thinking of, I've just never heard it called that.

9. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    i hat my fucking acekard it works only sometimes ive had it for 6 months its a pice of shit for me now
    im gonna use m3i zero

10. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    maybe you've got a bad shipment of cards, mine had the same thing when i tried to start it up, but i just let it in for a couple of seconds in my dsi and it showed up.

11. BoxShot

United States
    That's nice ranting and everything rockstar and personally I don't care. My 2.1 has a dying msd contact but works when I blow in it, it's 10 months old.
    Oh and geez you change the cart you like everytime something bad is going on with the cart or firmware. >.> You also have plenty of carts for the average user too. I got 2 how bout you.
    @ParMa You run the .nds file that flashes the bootloader of the acekard. (Hopefully I'm reading your question right)

12. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    im not chaning th ecart i alredy have an m3i zero but havent been using it that much and when i mean doesnt work i mean with 4layers of tape the paper trick blowing into it puttint 2 thin pieces of cardboard and reflashing it it doesnt work i even tried opening it and rubbing alcohal on the contacts.
    And i know the acekard is great im sating i hate "MY" acekard because of the problems.fine thats it have a good day.

-rockstar99

13. ParMa

Newcomer ParMa Advanced Member

United States
    So... ak2loader.nds? Run it? .... [​IMG]???

Not sure if my question is even valid. Running Akaios 1.5, DSi, with the 1.4 firmware dooda, playing fine.
    I think all is well in my DannyKart, not really sure. Is it? I wanna stay up to date and whatnot. Make sure everything's good.

14. BoxShot

United States
  15. BoxShot

United States
    Opera screwed me up. >.> Didn't show that it went through.