Hacking A couple o questions after decided to buy AK2i

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well after asking in the forums I decided (or more like pointed out by many) to buy the AK2i. Since as I see now gbatemp does not have a shop to promote it anymore and it has a collection of different sites I can't just go in and buy it straight. I would buy from Real Hot Stuff or GamePlayFun that have the most stars with the most reviews but they do not support paypal and worldwide shipping (each of them supports one of these). So I will go for DsiModStore which as it seems its the next best thing and has both of these XD. I would like to ask if you have any suggestions. I want 2 things. *points to the flag under his name* shipment in Greece >.> and well paypal since I really do not like using my debit card number online.

Afar from that. >.> My DSiXL is 1.4.1 and th esite ships a AK2i card that is 1.4.1 compatible. Up to now I did not even know 1.4.2 was out but I want to know. Does it matter if I will jsut leave my DSiXL as it is and just use it without updating. I use my DS only to play games and i have used its other features hardly once or twice. I ask only because updating the AK2i seems hmm well i will not call it hard but from some posts i have seen on the forums it seems people are having problems. If 1.4.2 added some big changes from 1.4.1 I would be asking for the safe way to do it. But 1.4.2 feels like those updates that happen only to block flashcards. Well thats it for this subject.

Another question that pops in mind is if AK2i can support the save files from M3iZero or it needs a converter. Looked a bit around and instead of reading this and that i decided to ask it in here too >.> I would not mind if I need a converter but I will be more happy if i did not XD

Well that is more or less what I wanted to ask >.> and I really hope I will not have a problem with sleep mode with my Transcend Class 6 8GB >.

Caveproductionz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Acekard.com has a list with trusted resellers. I bought mine from zhuzchina on 25th of may and got arrived on 9th of june

They accept paypal aswell

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer your questions

1) I believe the only thing you'd be missing out on if you don't go to 1.4.2 is the estore. There are not major features additions worth getting 1.4.2 for (unlike the recent 3DS 2.0 update that had tons of new features that people wanted). Thus you could stay on 1.4.1 for now, no DS/DSi games have ever required a particular firmware version.

2) Both the M3Zero and Acekard2i use .sav files so they should be compatible. There is a save converter here if needed

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well I knew I should have asked X3. I guess I will go then with ZhuZhu and as it seems they sell a preupdated 1.4.2 AK2i. Time to update the DS and M3iZero I guess. I hope they will be compatible and yes I have used that site to convert some saves. Worked 80% of time. Well I hope they will be compatible =3 Thank you everyone for the help. I wish you all have a great day ^.^

P.S. And now I just have to wait for it to arrive and finally have the sleep feature too @.@

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse