All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was watching the video for something called iMenu and I started to question things about Wood R4 and its functions. Here are some of the things I wish to know, along with things I have thought about asking for some time now.

1.) I do not like the icon used for GBA games. Is it possible to give GBA games custom icons?
2.) Is it possible to change the layout Wood R4 uses? I would like more games/icons on the screen at once.
3.) Is it possible to make shortcuts for games used in emulators?
4.) Is it possible to make the stylus controls more responsive? Using the stylus to scroll is very slow and not worth taking the stylus out for.
5.) (this is more of an EZ Flash 3in1 Question) Why do larger-sized GBA games have to be added to something called NOR? Is there a way to play without doing that?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
1.) I do not like the icon used for GBA games. Is it possible to give GBA games custom icons?Yes... but it would require you to compile the source.
It's relatively simple -- once you know what to change and how to change it and how to compile.
Sora de Eclaune said:
2.) Is it possible to change the layout Wood R4 uses? I would like more games/icons on the screen at once.Hit Select.
It cycles between a file name list, large icon + file name list and large icon + internal name list.
Sora de Eclaune said:
3.) Is it possible to make shortcuts for games used in emulators?I'm not exactly sure how, but yes (I think).
They should show up in the Favorites folder.
QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Feb 21 2011, 06:36 PM) 4.) Is it possible to make the stylus controls more responsive? Using the stylus to scroll is very slow and not worth taking the stylus out for.
In the options there should be a scroll speed. I don't think this helps/helps much, but worth a shot.
Honestly, in Wood and AKAIO I don't use the stylus much. Not an fan of the way you drag (it doesn't feel natural, an 'inverted' scroll would be better).
QUOTE(Sora de Eclaune @ Feb 21 2011, 06:36 PM)
5.) (this is more of an EZ Flash 3in1 Question) Why do larger-sized GBA games have to be added to something called NOR? Is there a way to play without doing that?
Due to the size being larger than the capacity of the included NAND memory (I think).

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
1.) I do not like the icon used for GBA games. Is it possible to give GBA games custom icons?Yes... but it would require you to compile the source.
It's relatively simple -- once you know what to change and how to change it and how to compile.

How do I learn how to do such a thing?

twiztidsinz said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
2.) Is it possible to change the layout Wood R4 uses? I would like more games/icons on the screen at once.Hit Select.
It cycles between a file name list, large icon + file name list and large icon + internal name list.

Oh. I'm sorry, but that is not what I was looking for. I was looking more for an icon-only list. The filename list is very nice, but the area of selection was a bit iffy at times. The lists with the large icons is simply too big.

twiztidsinz said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
3.) Is it possible to make shortcuts for games used in emulators?I'm not exactly sure how, but yes (I think).
They should show up in the Favorites folder.

I cannot find an option that makes games that are not .nds or .gba show up, nor did I see an option for it within the emulators. Am I doing something wrong?

twiztidsinz said:
4.) Is it possible to make the stylus controls more responsive? Using the stylus to scroll is very slow and not worth taking the stylus out for.
In the options there should be a scroll speed. I don't think this helps/helps much, but worth a shot.
Honestly, in Wood and AKAIO I don't use the stylus much. Not an fan of the way you drag (it doesn't feel natural, an 'inverted' scroll would be better).

Thank you very much!

QUOTE(twiztidsinz @ Feb 21 2011, 04:51 PM)
Due to the size being larger than the capacity of the included NAND memory (I think).

So it is not possible to play large games without taking five minutes to load them to the NOR?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1). Download the source from here: http://code.google.com/p/woodrpg/source/checkout (you need something to download from SVN)
Navigate to the /trunk/akmenu4/arm9/data folder and you'll see some .BIN files.
These should be able to be edited in a similar way to the banner.bin file of an NDS game (If you open them with DSBuff you can extract the icon, but not replace it).

2). No other way to display files, sorry.

3). Sorry, misread the question.
No, you cannot. You could set the Emulator itself to be a favorite, but not a file the emulator plays since Wood wouldn't know how to load that file.

5). Don't know
frown.gif
Don't have a 3-in-1 or other GBA device.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:
1.) I do not like the icon used for GBA games. Is it possible to give GBA games custom icons?yes. put your icon in 32px x 32px x 16bit format into /__rpg/icons.
QUOTESo it is not possible to play large games without taking five minutes to load them to the NOR?
3in1 has 16mb fast sram and 32mb slow nor memories. so if game bigger than 16mb it doesnt' fit into fast sram.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh you're talking about individual GBA games... I thought you meant the GBA icon for booting slot2. My mistake.
Then yes.. changing the icon for the game is (almost) as simple as z.g. said but I do not thin they go into the /_rpg/icons folder, unless that's just for AKAIO.
There are even some icons packs: http://gbatemp.net/t99540-custom-icons-for-akaio

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
z.g said:
QUOTE said:
So it is not possible to play large games without taking five minutes to load them to the NOR?
3in1 has 16mb fast sram and 32mb slow nor memories. so if game bigger than 16mb it doesnt' fit into fast sram.
But I have a game that is 8mb but it refuses to run without first loading itself onto the NOR. There is also a Pokemon hack I have procured that does not require to be loaded to the NOR, but will not run otherwise.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:
But I have a game that is 8mb but it refuses to run without first loading itself onto the NOR.
and you want what we reads your mind to know what is game is?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
z.g said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
But I have a game that is 8mb but it refuses to run without first loading itself onto the NOR.
and you want what we reads your mind to know what is game is?
Oh. I am sorry about that..

But you know, I just tried it now and it doesn't load to the NOR. I swear I was pressing A when I loaded it and it would load it to the NOR.

I guess that problem is gone now. Haha.

But the Pokemon game is still a problem. It WILL load without the NOR, but after the Game Boy jingle it freezes. When I load it to the NOR, it works just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2