A Collection of Wood R4 Questions

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Sora de Eclaune, Feb 21, 2011.

Feb 21, 2011
  1. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    I was watching the video for something called iMenu and I started to question things about Wood R4 and its functions. Here are some of the things I wish to know, along with things I have thought about asking for some time now.

1.) I do not like the icon used for GBA games. Is it possible to give GBA games custom icons?
    2.) Is it possible to change the layout Wood R4 uses? I would like more games/icons on the screen at once.
    3.) Is it possible to make shortcuts for games used in emulators?
    4.) Is it possible to make the stylus controls more responsive? Using the stylus to scroll is very slow and not worth taking the stylus out for.
    5.) (this is more of an EZ Flash 3in1 Question) Why do larger-sized GBA games have to be added to something called NOR? Is there a way to play without doing that?

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Due to the size being larger than the capacity of the included NAND memory (I think).

3. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    So it is not possible to play large games without taking five minutes to load them to the NOR?

4. twiztidsinz

United States
    1). Download the source from here: http://code.google.com/p/woodrpg/source/checkout (you need something to download from SVN)
    Navigate to the /trunk/akmenu4/arm9/data folder and you'll see some .BIN files.
    These should be able to be edited in a similar way to the banner.bin file of an NDS game (If you open them with DSBuff you can extract the icon, but not replace it).

2). No other way to display files, sorry.

3). Sorry, misread the question.
    No, you cannot. You could set the Emulator itself to be a favorite, but not a file the emulator plays since Wood wouldn't know how to load that file.

5). Don't know [​IMG] Don't have a 3-in-1 or other GBA device.

5. z.g

Member z.g GBAtemp Regular

Latvia
    3in1 has 16mb fast sram and 32mb slow nor memories. so if game bigger than 16mb it doesnt' fit into fast sram.

6. twiztidsinz

United States
    Oh you're talking about individual GBA games... I thought you meant the GBA icon for booting slot2. My mistake.
    Then yes.. changing the icon for the game is (almost) as simple as z.g. said but I do not thin they go into the /_rpg/icons folder, unless that's just for AKAIO.
    There are even some icons packs: http://gbatemp.net/t99540-custom-icons-for-akaio

7. z.g

Latvia
    also can be changed by slot2.bmp in the same place.

8. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    But I have a game that is 8mb but it refuses to run without first loading itself onto the NOR. There is also a Pokemon hack I have procured that does not require to be loaded to the NOR, but will not run otherwise.

9. z.g

Latvia
    and you want what we reads your mind to know what is game is?

10. Sora de Eclaune
    OP

United States
    Oh. I am sorry about that..

But you know, I just tried it now and it doesn't load to the NOR. I swear I was pressing A when I loaded it and it would load it to the NOR.

I guess that problem is gone now. Haha.

But the Pokemon game is still a problem. It WILL load without the NOR, but after the Game Boy jingle it freezes. When I load it to the NOR, it works just fine.