Hacking A cheap, reliable, non-nintendo, DSi repair service?

gregegg28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A cheap, reliable, non-nintendo, and not half-way around the world DSi repair service?
ps i live in utah

my DSi top screen is mostly white/exremly transparent.

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why non-Nintendo? It should still be under warranty if you haven't done anything physical to it, since the DSi hasn't even been out in America for a year yet. When you send it to Nintendo, they fix (or replace) it free of charge if it's under warranty, and slap a new warranty on it that lasts for another year when you get it back.

Check this out:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/re...rrantyLookup.do

When you call Nintendo customer service to request a shipping label, just tell them your top screen is extremely faded or whatever is wrong with it, tell them your information, and they'll email you a free FedEx shipping label that you can print, put on a package, and send directly to Nintendo (for free). The whole process generally takes about 1-2 weeks.

Whatever you do, if you did anything to void the warranty (such as open it up, anything physical, water damage, etc.), DO NOT MENTION IT TO THEM.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
DeepFriedAsian said:
Whatever you do, if you did anything to void the warranty (such as open it up, anything physical, water damage, etc.), DO NOT MENTION IT TO THEM.
I think they may be able to tell. I'm not 100% about the DS, but I know lots of other devices that have inicators if they have been opened or exposed to moisture.

gregegg28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said non-nintendo because every ds game you play leaves a trace in your NAND memory and i was dumb enough to try my acekard 2i without the danny phantom cheat and I heard nintendo checks your NAND when you send it in just in case theres someone really dumb.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gregegg28 said:
I said non-nintendo because every ds game you play leaves a trace in your NAND memory and i was dumb enough to try my acekard 2i without the danny phantom cheat and I heard nintendo checks your NAND when you send it in just in case theres someone really dumb.
That is not true at ALL.

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gregegg28 said:
Sorry, but that's total bullshit. I've sent in my DS lite(s) 3 times and my sister's DSi once and we both use flashcarts. Nintendo has never gotten on my ass about anything.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Cheap...
Non-nintendo...
non-warraty...

hmm - Your own hands - that's it

Costs only the price of replacement part from dealextreme (and possible triwing screwdriver if you do not have one) and some small skill... viola, should be able to do magic.

well, not that much.

But it also seems that Bull load lives on this thread - it is weird what kind of stuff gets told that is complete reversal of truth (Nand memory, why the heck would it have NAND memory? and why in heck a game would leave traces on it? I mean, they do not save ON THE CONSOLE - and even els would USE NAND memory if it even had it, at most some traces would be on the RAM memory of whatever type that gets flushed after few moments shutting the system anyway)

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
JereTHEend said:
But it also seems that Bull load lives on this thread - it is weird what kind of stuff gets told that is complete reversal of truth (Nand memory, why the heck would it have NAND memory? and why in heck a game would leave traces on it? I mean, they do not save ON THE CONSOLE - and even els would USE NAND memory if it even had it, at most some traces would be on the RAM memory of whatever type that gets flushed after few moments shutting the system anyway)
Oh, I don't know. DSi Ware?

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShatteredScreens said:
JereTHEend said:
True, but that has nothing to do with flashcarts, right?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ShatteredScreens said:
JereTHEend said:

And you can use hacked DSi ware with flashcart that nintendo check out from your NAND memory (what still is not used to store any data on games played via slot1)

I also may have mixed NAND and NOR here, so my bad on that part

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gregegg28 said:
Wrong. There's no trace left of any games you play, it's just what the people at gaming store tell you to make sure you don't pirate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup