A Certain System on Wii... Again

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by LightyKD, Oct 6, 2009.

Oct 6, 2009
  1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    This is on PSP... (NOTE: watch Video below)

... Somebody tell me why this isn't on the Wii? Lets not get started on the speed issue... I'm sure that this would run way faster than the PSP version.

2. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    The blog of the guy who's developing it says he's working on a Wii version. The last update was in May though.

EDIT: Here's the blog. it also says that the speed should be atleast 3 times faster of that on the PSP.

3. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    This is a NullDC port, optimized for PSP (using dynarec techniques I think)... to run the same speed on the Wii, he would have to rewrite the core specifically for the Wii (pretty much like Wii64 devs did) as actually, its dynarec only provide frontends for "x86/arm/mips-allegrex" (sic) while Wii use a PowerPC (you can not use the ARM unless you use bootmii and get ride of IOS, which mean no SD/USB/ wiimote support)...

Theorically, with an optimized port, I sense you could get 10-15 fps on the Wii but it's very unlikely this would ever achieve full speed (either on PSP or Wii), optimizations sadly don't make miracles

4. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    I was never expecting anything close to full speed but still, I would love to see something like this on Wii, just for the fact of saying, I can play Shenmue on Wii.