A bunch of questions about G6 Lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by teamgod, Oct 10, 2006.

Oct 10, 2006
  1. teamgod
    OP

Newcomer teamgod Newbie

Canada
    Hey guys,

I've had my G6 Lite for a few days now, everything seems to be working just great. I just have a few questions that have kind of been hard to find simple answers to.

1. What is the best method for backing up saves? When I plug in my G6 into my USB port, do I go through My Computer and copy/paste the .0, .1, and .2 files to my HDD? I see there is an option in on the G6 loader to backup the saves, but it gives me many options and I'm not sure which one to pick. If I choose this method, how do I get that backup onto my HDD?

2. Is there a better way to rename NES roms that have been added onto the GBA portion when using the U-Manager? I have no trouble playing the games, but when I boot into GBA mode to SELECT the game I want to play, it renames every NES game with "PocketNES" infront of it so I can't even see what game it is.

3. What settings should I use for most of my NDS roms? I usually write in DoFat, No Trim mode. Is it better to write in Safe Mode with No Trim? When is it Ok to use Trim mode? Does it actually affect gameplay or the content?

I guess that's it for now. Any help on the above questions would be appreciated!

Thanks [​IMG]

2. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    1. Yes, just copy the .0, .1 and .2 files to your hard-disk (actually if you are using one save per game the .0 file is enough).

2. I'm not sure about this but can't you rename them within the U-Manager?

3. Usually DoFAT, trimmed and Soft-reset works for older games. Newer may require Safe Mode trimmed.

3. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    I think when you backup saves you should preferably go through G6 U-DISK manager. I've heard that otherwise the save files may become corrupt (if you, for example, go directly through windows explorer).

In U-DISK manager, select the rom and then in the bottom box the saves appears. Select the save you want to put on your HDD (if you don't use the G6's built-in save backup you usually only need the one ending with .0) and press "read" on the menu to the right. Here you get to select in which directory on the HDD you want to put your backup.

4. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    I always directly copy them through the windows explorer and never had a single problem. It's the easiest way.

5. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Okay! [​IMG]

I just heard from someone else who had a problem with saves, but perhaps he did some other thing wrong.