A Bunch of PS2 Mech Games are Getting Ported to PSP

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"As we predicted, but not as From Software planned, the countdown clock that launched last week gets its reveal in this week's Famitsu — on newsstands this Friday, leaked on the internet right now.

From Software is releasing a slew of PSP ports of PlayStation 2 game, and they are largely, you'll never guess, giant mecha Armored Core and stealth Tenchu games. SHOCKING!

The games are Armored Core 3 Portable (out July 30), Armored Core: Last Raven (out March 2010), Armored Core: Silent Line Portable (out November), Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (out August) and Tenchu: Fatal Shadows (out January 2010).

There is one one curve ball — a genuine surprise, even. From Software is porting PS2 game Fu-un Shinsengumi to the PSP. Originally published by Konami, the game was developed by Genki and features artwork by Metal Gear Solid artist Yoji Shinkawa. Not sure how From Software came into possession of this title, though. From Software should have a countdown clock to that."

Source

2. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    AC3 and SL are fan hits in both the US and Japan and are a worthwhile import since I played the PS2 versions when I was a teenager. Last Raven isn't that great though, so I'll pass on that one and Fu-un Shinsengumi is something I haven't tried yet so that may be a good import for me as well.

3. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    Pretty sweet! Except for Armored Core. Armored Core sucks.

4. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Can't wait for all 3 Armored Core games. Some more PSP games to look forward to.

5. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Aw man. I wish I saw "PS2 Mecha Games"
    *Wishing for Gundam 00 and Rengou vs Zaft II*

Ah well, most Armored Core games I've played are quite good.
    Except, it really just doesn't feel right on the PSP seeing as though we only have one analog nub. >.>
    I have NO clue why Sony doesn't add in a second nub for the PSP Go!. Shooters would be so much fun!

6. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    00 is lame, but Seed Destiny II Plus would be awesome. More importantly, how are you forgetting A.C.E!!