A buggy new update to The Sims is making characters age rapidly and incestuous

The Sims 4 has just released a new update ahead of the release of its upcoming High School Years expansion, and it's led to some unfortunate bugs. For example, one bug is making characters rapidly age and die well before their time, such as this reddit post where a Sim's mother died in the middle of her wedding. Apparently, loading into "live mode" from a menu or character customizer adds a random amount of age to Sims, essentially making their deaths random.

The most notable bug, however, relates to the new "Fears & Wants" system, where a Sim will randomly feel an impulse for something based on the way they've been played to this point, and the player can choose to indulge or deny the Sim that desire. Romantic options are a big emphasis of this new update, meaning many desires revolve around them, and may include wanting to ask out a friend, get married, or have a child. Unfortunately, the system doesn't seem to distinguish between "friends" and "family members who are also friends" in any way, leading to a number of situations where Sims have been overwhelmed with a desire to date their family. I'm particularly a fan of this post on reddit where a grandmother Sim feels a want to date her son, and looks appropriately horrified at her own desires.

There's been a few other bugs as well, such as this one where anyone who interacts with a 5-star celebrity immediately becomes a 5-star celebrity as well. Luckily, a SIms developer on Twitter has acknowledged at least the rapid aging and incest bugs, and are looking to get it fixed as soon as possible.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That's not a bug.
EA planned this.
New tolerant level and new experience!
Sometimes ppl die, sometimes some want love (incest).
(There are gay elements, so why no incest to be?) xD
World is big xD

Btw, HS is cool, but I still wait for school...

Last edited by k7ra,

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There are gay elements, so why no incest to be?

I think you point out a potential inconsistency in our collective tolerance, my cyrillic colleague. Why not incest?

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Sims 4 has just released a new update ahead of the release of its upcoming High School Years expansion, and it's led to some unfortunate bugs. For example, one bug is making characters rapidly age and die well before their time, such as this reddit post where a Sim's mother died in the middle of her wedding. Apparently, loading into "live mode" from a menu or character customizer adds a random amount of age to Sims, essentially making their deaths random.

The most notable bug, however, relates to the new "Fears & Wants" system, where a Sim will randomly feel an impulse for something based on the way they've been played to this point, and the player can choose to indulge or deny the Sim that desire. Romantic options are a big emphasis of this new update, meaning many desires revolve around them, and may include wanting to ask out a friend, get married, or have a child. Unfortunately, the system doesn't seem to distinguish between "friends" and "family members who are also friends" in any way, leading to a number of situations where Sims have been overwhelmed with a desire to date their family. I'm particularly a fan of this post on reddit where a grandmother Sim feels a want to date her son, and looks appropriately horrified at her own desires.

There's been a few other bugs as well, such as this one where anyone who interacts with a 5-star celebrity immediately becomes a 5-star celebrity as well. Luckily, a SIms developer on Twitter has acknowledged at least the rapid aging and incest bugs, and are looking to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Thats... Oh man I need an aspirin.

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not a bug.
EA planned this.
(There are gay elements, so why no incest to be?) xD
World is big xD

Btw, HS is cool, but I still wait for school...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This is why a solid logic programming is important lol
Fail to double check all the possible combinations, and unintended results ensue.

Just wait for the update detail, I expect something like "Forgot to add a failsafe where characters flagged as your own family should absolutely NOT be dating you, in case they got the matching attribute and thus were flagged 'compatible' anyway"

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The woke desperation reeks all over the trailer, we're doomed as humanity. Before things were getting bad bit by bit from century to century now it's literally on yearly basis. What's gonna be next, pedos are ok, sex with animals, sex dolls characters, pregnant men?

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they did this on purpose just to generate some lulz, which The Sims used to be known for. These days it's rarely even mentioned outside of college-age girls' youtube channels. Gotta generate mainstream interest again somehow.

Reactions: Dark_Phoras

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to admit the incest bug is pretty funny. :rofl: But I haven't played a Sims game in ages, and I don't see myself playing this one either. Even my sister, who was a huge Sims fan, is not interested anymore in the new versions.

I’d say you and your sister dodged a bullet on this one.

Reactions: Dust2dust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"