A Brit needs help getting a new US/Canada black Wii with Gamecube ports - happy to pay for the help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by SG, Feb 13, 2014.

1. SG
    OP

SG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 29, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    OK, so I live in the UK - my NTSC white Wii console is yellowed and has scratches all over it from when I was in hospital and my family moved stuff for me - as white consoles don't age well, I ordered a brand new nice shiny new black one from eBay, as the Wii is on its way out and I keep my consoles forever but I'm a bit OCD-ish about some things. However, shock and horror happened when I opened the box and found out that it's one of those models that doesn't have Gamecube ports or support the discs. So I have a MASSIVE favour to ask the American and Canadian members on this board:

Could someone tell me where I could order a new black model that has Gamecube ports, and if I'm unable to get ahold of one online, could I arrange with someone to buy one in a brick-and-mortar shop if I send them the money? This would obviously include a wadge of money for their trouble for helping me out - I'm pretty desperate. :(

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    unlikely to find a new one with ports as they were removed in newer models

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Why the need for a NTSC console? Parts wise they should be identical save for the power supply and maybe any headphone issues. The software side of things is a 30 second change, if you even need to do that at all.

4. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    It's been years since you've been able to buy a new Wii with GC ports.

That said, it's possible you could get an unopened one somewhere, but the place to look would be like ebay or something, not stores in the US.

5. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    If you're still looking, I could check at my local K-Mart tomorrow. They've had some trouble moving consoles but kept them anyways (pretty sure I saw a fat 360 last time I was in there), and if they do still have GC-compatible Wiis, all consoles are 20% off, unless they've upped the discount; the store's in the middle of closing and they've apparently been told to move as much stock as they can at a discount instead of hassling corporate to take back the stuff they can't sell, or something.

6. HNKii

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    There are lots of pre-owned with gamecube Wii at my friend(he's in the US)'s local stores, very good conditions, and at a low price of $65 with the box

7. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Don't no if or old is still working but what about ordering a black casing to replace the white. Only about 12 GBP :)

8. HNKii

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    That works as well...is your old Wii just having a bad case but a fully-working internal?

9. MorphaX

MorphaX GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2013
    Italy
    Bitch PLZ just download the Emulator (Delphine) and you can get both and better

10. SG
    OP

SG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 29, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    Sorry for the belated reply - if the offer still stands I'd really appreciate it.

11. SG
    OP

SG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 29, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    BUMP.