Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
thumb_boypic.jpg
thumb_boypic2.jpg

Latest Nintendo Power issue confirms another NES revival on the Wii!
toot.gif

Nintendo Power's website has a pixelated scan of the game that's supposed to be revealed on March 5th, but gonintendo already ruinned it.. lol
So, no information about it yet.. if anyone has the issue (don't know if it's out yet), please post it
smile.gif

source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=74441

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
from neogaf:

QUOTE said:
- A Boy and His Blob is getting a remake on Wii a la Klonoa, but to much greater extent. All the visuals are 2D, almost like a simpler, more cartoony Muramasa. The game is, needless to say, very pretty. It's being developed by WayForward, who just put out LIT on WiiWare.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354104

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome! One of my earliest NES memories.
biggrin.gif
If I can find another DVDr I might just try this one out.. I haven't enjoyed a Wii game since Mario Kart.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game looks stunning so far, can't wait for a trailer.

CockroachMan said:
I wonder how it'll use the Wii controls..
Does that really matter?
To be honest, I'd prefer the game not to use any motion controls at all. What for, anyway, other than just for the sake of having motion controls in a Wii game?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Hadrian Uranium said:
Shame the DS game stayed in limbo.
Who was actually behind that? Wikipedia just said Majesco "announced" it, but as far as I know they're just a publisher. According to Wikipedia, WayForward (most famous for Shantae and Contra 4) are behind this one. WayForward have some absolute shit in their history though, so I don't know whether to get excited or not.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
Hadrian Uranium said:
Shame the DS game stayed in limbo.
Who was actually behind that? Wikipedia just said Majesco "announced" it, but as far as I know they're just a publisher. According to Wikipedia, WayForward (most famous for Shantae and Contra 4) are behind this one. WayForward have some absolute shit in their history though, so I don't know whether to get excited or not.
It was by Skyworks, it had a more 3D DKC style look.

Wayfroward also did the excellent Shantae & Wendy: Every Witch Way, and yes they have done some licensed games but not all were that bad, even Barbie In The 12 Dancing Princesses had some innovative design to it, they make games for the target audience and have to do so with such a limited time frame. When they get to do a game where they don't have to deliver it within a few months they do so much better.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Vater Unser said:
Does that really matter?
To be honest, I'd prefer the game not to use any motion controls at all. What for, anyway, other than just for the sake of having motion controls in a Wii game?

That's what I'm worried about
tongue.gif

And while motion might be useless.. a nice pointer interface can be great if done right.

QUOTE(Hadrian Uranium @ Mar 4 2009, 08:24 AM) Wayfroward also did the excellent Shantae & Wendy: Every Witch Way, and yes they have done some licensed games but not all were that bad, even Barbie In The 12 Dancing Princesses had some innovative design to it, they make games for the target audience and have to do so with such a limited time frame. When they get to do a game where they don't have to deliver it within a few months they do so much better.

Let's not forget that they did one of my favorite DS games.. Contra 4. So, I think they know how to handle NES franchises
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: