Hacking A bit of help - Potential Semi-Brick

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so this PSP that I picked up has a few more issues than the person let on about. This is a 2000, white Darth Vader edition. A risk you take buying secondhand, I suppose. I'm hoping that whatever is wrong here is fixable though. The details are as follows:

- The PSP fails to enter sleep mode. Upon trying to enter sleep mode, the display stays lit, though blank, the power light flashes green for maybe 12 seconds, and then the system completely shuts off. I don't know if this would also occur in game, because although some UMD games came with, the reader itself is busted (seeing as the damage is invisible just looking, I'm guessing it was dropped at some point in the past).

- When trying to install CFW, or even when trying to use the downgrader (this is on 6.60), the system seems to boot to the PSP game start up screen (the white screen that says PSP or w/e), then shuts down after a few seconds. Now, I know this shut down isn't due to inactivity because I've had it sitting here on for a few minutes now without issue. I fear this would actually happen with retail games though, seeing where the hangup occurs.

- The 1GB memory stick that came with is not the culprit. With or without, the issues occur. It is an official Sony, magic gate supported card, if that's relevant.

So, with these issues, I'm guessing I have a semi-bricked console here. I'm guessing that either the guy I bought it from, or the person he received it from tried their hand at something in the past and managed to screw up one thing or another internally. Otherwise, I have no idea how so much could be wrong with the OFW itself still booting up fine.

I'm hoping this is an easy fix, but rather than crawling through potentially out of date or incorrect results from Google, I figured I'd ask you all. With a few of you here, I'm guessing I'll know for sure whether this is a semi-brick, or if it's just a potato.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I should add: I attempted to restore to default settings, but the system hung upon informing me that it was completed successfully. After a manual restart, I entered all the information, but the issues persist.

I have a Pandora battery coming my way and I should be seeing it before the week is up. Seeing as I'm sure that will be the suggested route anyways, I figured I'd go for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1