Hacking A bit of GBA help

0datdude0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running v3.0 of the software

Im trying to load gba roms and running into some issues. If I try to run said roms from the gba icon one of two things happens. One it tells me theirs no slot-2 gba card found or if I have the rumble pack in it just goes off till I turn the ds off. If I go in to the mycard icon and try to load it their regardless of if the rumble pack is in or not it goes to a screen that tells me its " DLDI compatible loadin g . . . " and never moves.

Can you kind people help the new guy out ?

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
To play GBA games you will need the GBA expansion. The Rumble Pak or the Rumble Ram will not support GBA Games.

smile.gif

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well not exactly, its more a part of the package, you could similarly complain that Forks don't work but the fact you have to use it in conjunction with your hand to get food to go into you is kind of implied

that being said you can still buy the gba expansion packs separately, probably at the same store that sold you your M3 Real in the first place, if its anything like Amazon it'll be in the "customers who bought this item also bought this"

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did this place become GOOBERtemp?

Just wonderin'.

(I'm also just messin' around because I'm drunk, so don't take me seriously
biggrin.gif
)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
There are a few options to loading GBA ROMs off of a slot1 cart. There is the 3-in-1, the eWin RAM pack, any slot2 solution. Just because you own an M3 Real does not mean you MUST use the GBA cart they sell. I have read that a very small amount of users bricked their NDS using the first batch of the M3 Real GBA expansion cart. That isn't to say that it is still happening, but it has happened which is always something to consider. While the 3-in-1 is a solid card and probably your best choice, the eWin expansion pack can be found around the web for as little as $11 USD. At this point you should start to research the pros and cons of each pack, as well as the ease of use and the compatibility. Make an informed decision and then play some of those great GBA titles.

-AW

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've heard that the eWin RAM pack and M3 Lite work like the GBA expension pack for the M3 REAL but for the 3in1 you'd probably have to use Rudolph's 3in1 Exp pack tool since the M3 doesn't detect it as a GBA pack, well that is in my case.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I've heard that the eWin RAM pack and M3 Lite work like the GBA expension pack for the M3 REAL but for the 3in1 you'd probably have to use Rudolph's 3in1 Exp pack tool since the M3 doesn't detect it as a GBA pack, well that is in my case.

The eWin RAM pack is just a slot2 card that contains nothing but RAM. You use a slot1 loader they have released to flash a .gba ROM into the RAM and then execute it. You have to dump save files to keep them and it is not compatable with 100% of the ROMs from what I have read. However, everyone should do their own research to be sure.

I own an M3 Lite and the M3 Lite is a full slot2 Flash kit. It can boot .nds with a passme (or flashme), and .gba from the built in "GBA" boot mode. There would be no reason to attempt to flash a .gba ROM from slot1 into the RAM of the M3 Lite in slot2, and as a result from what I have researched no loader tool exists to do this.

With a card like the eWin RAM pack or the 3-in-1 you gain the ability to just use the RAM for other things such as QUAKE II and the DS Opera Browser.

-AW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.