A bit of a cios222/223 puzzle

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Atlas22, May 19, 2010.

May 19, 2010
  1. Atlas22
    OP

Newcomer Atlas22 Member

United Kingdom
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I've been trying to use hermes v5 (and v4 for that matter). To boot a game from a secondary partition on my sd card. Now it seems I have ran in to an odd issue, waniko 249 can access and boot the games from the wbfs file system, but when trying to use ios 222/223 and even 224 they just lock up, I've used a few backup loaders (configurable USBLoader, cloader, bascially anything that claims to have sd support) and the result is always the same.

The sd card I'm using is a 4GB sdhc card with a 500mb fat32 partion and a 3.2 or something GB WBFS partition. (done using gpated in linux, I've checked the integrety of images etc it's all fine, and wbfs manager installs iso's to the partition with no problems.

Example output of when configurable usb loader locks up:

Iso(222) mload ..[FAT].
    Base: IOS mload v5.0 ..
    (and it just hangs here).

i'm kinda new to this stuff so, can anyone help me trouble shoot some possible issues

Other information about my wii:
    system 4.2e (Old wii white updated using the safe update 4.2).
    Bootmii installed as boot2.
    priiloader 0.4 installed.
    Darkcorp is installed.

I have tried multiple times using any title remover, reinstalling the hermes v4 or v5 cios'

am I just retarded and have missed something really simple. Or do these just not have sdhc support for a wbfs partiton on a sdhc?

If you need any more info about some stuff just ask, i probably forgot some things.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...I've heard about some funny ways to configure things, but you're the first one I hear to try to have an SDHC card with both a fat32 and a wbfs partition.

I can't say whether it actually would work...but I do know that it's complicating things needlessly. With a bit of converting, games can be run from a FAT32 drive quite easy (which probably includes SDHC). Just check wii game manager or wii backup manager (WBFS manager is outdated).

The actual loader kinda matters as well. USB loader CFG comes in 2 flavors, which basically differ only in the default settings. You want to have the -222 version of it, if you want to run the loader with Hermes's cIOS.

I know this doesn't answer all the questions, but to be honest...I don't know them all either (I only post about what I know...I don't think you want me to guess [​IMG] ).

3. Atlas22
    OP

Newcomer Atlas22 Member

United Kingdom
    if i use the -222 version of usb loader, it can't access my wbfs partition, it sees both paritions as fat32 and thats about as far as it gets, even if it's first or second partition slot on the sdhc card, and i did it this way because initally it says in usbloader that loading from a .wbfs on a fat32 files system doesn't actually work or has issues or something with sdhc.

I'll take a look at those 2 programs you mentioned in case it's my file system, although games booting in neogamma and using ios249 say otherwise.

4. Atlas22
    OP

Newcomer Atlas22 Member

United Kingdom
    I found my answer eventually, the reason I can't use 222/223 is because apparently hermes didn't include support for sd/sdhc in to it >_<

Sorry for being a noob lol.