A bit confused by the Sakura FAQ.

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by st40611, Jun 10, 2008.

Jun 10, 2008
  1. st40611
    OP

Newcomer st40611 Member

So, there's an English-hacked (unofficial) firmware out ... question is, can it be installed on the English M3 Real? Because as stated here,

it seems like the unofficial firmware will only be installed on a Japanese M3 Real; does that mean I have to import a Japanese M3 Real then?

Also, back when Sakura was still in beta, I thought it was a .NDS file and can be booted in other flash carts (just no commercial-ROM support); what happened to that? Is it no longer a .NDS file, and that's why it cannot be booted off by other flash carts?

I'm currently deciding on which NDS flashcart to buy, and M3 Real seems like it, but I just need to confirm this.

2. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

The english version of Sakura will be released very soon.
    Also there is a hacked japanese version, which runs on european version aswell.

3. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    the nds beta version was made to lure users of other flashcards into buying the m3real/sakura.
    currently there IS a version of m3sakura that works with english m3reals, however it's not completely in english and also isn't an official version(hacked)
    in 1 or 2 weeks an official version will be released.

4. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    You can download english firmware (hacked one) from my sig..It's almost completely translated, the only thing that remains untranslated is game loader because text location is in some other place then all text from firmware..

At the time, there is no other official releases than Japan one..however, english release should be coming soon by M3 Team..So, if you want to buy M3 Real, go buy it, Sakura will be usable on it..(it already is completely usable via hacked translation we made)..

thedicemaster answered your question why it isn't a .nds file.....Sakura is a fully functional firmware that boots roms, and reads multimedia..Making it a .nds would drastically limit its possibilities..