Homebrew A bit confused about the current status - best way to go with my firmware version?

Kaeltis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there,

I have an Old3DSXL with firmware 9.5.0-22E and just successfully used sliderhax and installed menuhax via the homebrew launcher (so I can now directly start the homebrew launcher by holding L during boot).

Is there anything else I can / should do right now to allow future exploits / possibilities for my 3DS or should I just stay on my current firmware and wait for a possible downgrade / kernel exploit?

Last edited by Kaeltis,
D

Deleted User

Hey there,

I have an Old3DSXL with firmware 9.5.0-22E and just successfully used sliderhax and installed menuhax via the homebrew launcher (so I can now directly start the homebrew launcher by holding L during boot).

Is there anything else I can / should do right now to allow future exploits / possibilities for my 3DS or should I just stay on my current firmware and wait for a possible downgrade / kernel exploit?

The current common consensus seems to be stay on the lowest firmware possible and have at least two reliable entrypoints installed if possible.

With what's been going on with memchunkhax2, reliable downgrading is on the way, but not here yet. Every system firmware from 9.3 to 10.3 is currently exploitable via memchunkhax2. So, if you want eShop access, and the spoof isn't working for you, you could update to 10.3 if you so desire. If you don't care about the eShop at the moment, just stay where you are and, most importantly, be patient. It's been really horrible around here. People have bricked their consoles because they either didn't know what they were doing, or they didn't wait for something more stable. Plus, with the lack of any good information in the respective threads (like JustPingo's clarification thread, which, after 250+ pages of drivel [and tiny bits of solid information trickled throughout] was closed), all you need to know is when something stable is released, there will be a dedicated thread that will probably be on the first page here.

As far as what you can do to prepare, you could do some research here about Emunand9, upgrading your NVer apart from your firmware version, and custom firmware. I would do some reading on CIA installation as well as what kernel access allows. I'd also encourage you just do some general reading as to what's been going on - I'm not suggesting you go read the threads that have 50+ pages, but plenty of threads have been posted about the current happenings. It'll help you understand more concerning recent developments and why you ought to be patient about things. I can't stress being patient enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins