A beta of Rare’s Dinosaur Planet for N64 has been dumped

B783EF3C-0BAA-4E05-A53E-AA22B3591319.jpeg

Forest of Illusion is on a roll, when it comes to uncovering gaming history. Their latest find is a copy of Dinosaur Planet for the Nintendo 64–a game that never saw an official release, as the project was moved to the Nintendo GameCube and eventually came to be known as Star Fox Adventures. They’ve dumped the game where it can be now be found online, preserving it forever. This build of Dinosaur Planet is dated December 1, 2000 and is playable, though the ending levels are reportedly unfinished and potentially unable to be completed without the use of cheats. According to Forest of Illusion, emulator compatibility with the game is spotty, leading to multiple instances of slowdown and graphical glitches, however it works fine on official hardware through flashcart use.

As a reminder, sharing links to ROMs is against the rules.

:arrow: Forest of Illusion official Twitter account

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they should have added something like starfox: dinosaur planet
i thought this game was about being a dinousaur until i was that thumbnail
I guess you havent played syarfox adventures, because dinosaur plannet is mainly where its set.

The n64 game was called just that.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought the game had nothing to do with Starfox until it got moved to gamecube
So did I... The protagonist was a fox called Saber.

dino.JPG

dino1.JPG

dinoplanetride.jpg

I'm extremely surprised to see an N64 build of the game with Fox McCloud. I wonder if it greatly differs from the latest pre-Starfox build of the game?

Really need to check out the ROM asap, I always dreamed of playing the original Dinosaur Planet (and now that it's here I'm a little bummed it might be more of beta of Starfox Adventures).

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is pretty cool. Wonder how much content is in it. Like whether it's a near complete or complete prototype like Gauntlet DS. Fox with a sword is so much cooler, especially since the game is pretty much a Zelda clone. The staff never made much sense to me, given how much it's used as a melee weapon despite its magical properties.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tested on everdrive 64 v3,not working,black screen after rare logo.
Apparently it doesn't work on that cart. You need a 64Drive. Some people have it working with Fox falling through the floor. To which the fix is this "Here's the fix for everyone. Add DP=5 (and maybe NDPE=5) to your save_db.txt"

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Apparently it doesn't work on that cart. You need a 64Drive. Some people have it working with Fox falling through the floor. To which the fix is this "Here's the fix for everyone. Add DP=5 (and maybe NDPE=5) to your save_db.txt"

Added both in the db and its working now,thx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: