999 Staff Working on 3DS/Vita Game

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
O.o
I loved 999, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.
biggrin.gif

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its a sequel to 999 i hope it answers some of the things the first one didn't really go into detail about but I really don't care if they do or not its probably gonna be amazing either way.
Even if its not related to 999 i'll still like it (I do hope it is darker though...I loved the dark atmosphere of 999)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Byronic Hero said:
1st Post UPDATED with a scan.

This looks like it IS a sequel to 999. Anyone else notice the "9" on the Door?

Also THAT LOOKS A HECK OF A LOT LIKE ALLICE!!!

They even have the bracelets.
It might be, but it very well might take place during the events of 999, though it's unlikely it is possible (can't say why, spoilers). I really wish it weren't, though. I loved how they didn't answer every question and you had to figure out certain things yourself.

That said, I loved 999 and I'd love a new one.
holy crap, maybe the prologue? but i don't see the other kids anywhere so...

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, from the scans I definitely see All-Ice, and someone in Clover's getup.

999 sequel? I hope so.

edit: After a second look at the scans, I'm betting my money that this is going to be another set of characters playing the Nonary game, and not a sequel to 999.. But I really hope I'm wrong.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice! I played 999 not too long ago and I absolutely loved it. It was a very good blend of visual novel (in this case it also felt like a novel, in contrary to lets say AA:PW, which is amazing non the less) and puzzles.

Also I hope it is really a sequel. The characters and story where so good, that it would be a shame to just abandon all for a whole new story...

TBH I cannot believe that they do another one... Day one for me on 3DS!!!

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
999 was a masterpiece but if u ask me, even ever 17 was going in the same direction.

ever was a nice game but it got stuck somewhere in the middle on visual nds which made me leave it.

i guess the fans support has encouraged them to make another game.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the scans look amazing!
The characters look pretty cool and some of them resemble 999 ones a lot... I'm even more excited now! I hope they give us more details.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
999 spoilers incoming, but here's my thought as to who these new characters are:

I think that the similarities between this cast and 999's is possibly due to the fact that the Nonary game was conducted on TWO ships, which was a huge backbone behind the experiments conducted. These people could very well be related (one of Lotus' children, for instance) to the cast we all know and love. Perhaps this game focuses on the trials the other team went through?

Needless to say, this is a day 1 purchase for me. 999 is truly one of the DS' final gems that utterly blew me away, and easily one of my favourite games of all time. I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
KinGamer7 said:
999 spoilers incoming, but here's my thought as to who these new characters are:

I think that the similarities between this cast and 999's is possibly due to the fact that the Nonary game was conducted on TWO ships, which was a huge backbone behind the experiments conducted. These people could very well be related (one of Lotus' children, for instance) to the cast we all know and love. Perhaps this game focuses on the trials the other team went through?

Needless to say, this is a day 1 purchase for me. 999 is truly one of the DS' final gems that utterly blew me away, and easily one of my favourite games of all time. I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

More about the new characters. Could it be that... no way
ohmy.gif

Yeah, the new characters certainly look like the characters from the DS game.
The big guy (2nd from the left) - Seven
Silver-haired girl - Santa
Guy in blue pyjamas - Junpei
Pink-haired girl - Clover
Dancer CLEARLY looks like a friend/relative of Lotus
The guy on the right with the jacket - Snake (same style of jacket)

And I noticed a screen of a wristband sort of device, just like in 999. In the same scan you also see door with a big 9 on it. Hmm. You could be right. This may the second ship!

Man, I'm so pumped. 999 was intense, can't wait for this
biggrin.gif

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lube_Skyballer said:
KinGamer7 said:

biggrin.gif
More about the new characters. Could it be that... no way
ohmy.gif

Yeah, the new characters certainly look like the characters from the DS game.
The big guy (2nd from the left) - Seven

Silver-haired girl - Santa
Guy in blue pyjamas - Junpei
Pink-haired girl - Clover
Dancer CLEARLY looks like a friend/relative of Lotus
The guy on the right with the jacket - Snake (same style of jacket)

And I noticed a screen of a wristband sort of device, just like in 999. In the same scan you also see door with a big 9 on it. Hmm. You could be right. This may the second ship!

Man, I'm so pumped. 999 was intense, can't wait for this
biggrin.gif
Huh, maybe it IS the "Gigantic".
Maybe the Dancer is Nona or Enna. Or maybe these are all children of the players in Building Q.
I mean, to me it looks kind of like an upgraded ship

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I can bet it will be nonary game related. Just by looking at the door, the watch in the first scan and the screenshot in the second scan which looks like your frequent watch shot in 999

I hope it's a sequel, not just a parallel story. I don't think it'll be a prequel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1