What!? I can change this??
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello peoples...I just wanted to know if anyone had ever dealt with a particular website (I'm not here to advertise)
yourps3direct.com.

They seem to be offering a NEW onyx DS lite for $99...Which seems too good to be true.

I've never heard of this store, and the frequent misspelling of Nintendo as "Ninetendo" and more oftenly " Nindendo" kinda worries me. Shouldn't a store know how to spell....

ALSO OF NOTE

I did a mock check-out....to assess the shipping costs...and I am please (OR CONFUSED) to note that all shipping methods are 0.00 (Free?) That includes UPS 2 Day air, UPS ground, and EVEN next day air. By the way, the address entered was a New york address if that matters.

Now if someone responds and says that this website is reputable then I just may order a new DS lite!!!
But...excuse me if I say this.....THIS LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?!

I trust that if this WERE a true offer then of course me posting this will cause them to run out of stock before I can go back and get one....=P Anyway...Thanks for the replys in advance.

EDIT:

Evidence AGAINST this site.... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...01194424AADv6c9

Think I'm going to stear clear of ordering this....but if anyone else feels lucky please tell me how its goes =)

aerowalk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
100% scam

i google for "Bodhania Rae" (registrant of yourps3direct.com - from the domain whois), turns out that he's running couple of fraud sites

PBC

What!? I can change this??
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep...I now feeling I should have done abit more investigating myself before I posted here. Just understandably excited and wanted some opinions.

I did google that name and whomever it is is behind many sites of ill repute.

I hope no one is robbed by that site as a result of my POST!!

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The majority of their "About Us" page is copied word for word from Demideo.com, a known fraudulent site.

The entirety of their "news" section is the three they have displayed on the main page, yet they claim to be one of "the industry's top computer and computer-product retailers".

They claim to "serve the needs of computer users" and offer the industry's top brand name computers, yet they are named YourPS3Direct and they don't sell any computer products.

On the FAQ page, they say that they do not accept credit cards to keep the ordering process secure, but they contradict themselves two questions later by saying that they "accept all major credit cards" and that you cannot order without one.

They have a links section without any links.

They forgot to remove all the instances of Winter Sale, Inc. (Likewise, a known sham) from the templates they copied.

Then there's this phrase on the About Us page, as part of the image of the brands they are "authorised" to sell, saying "images stolen from a legitamate [sic] dealer. buyers beware".

As far as my argument is concerned, I think I could've stopped after the first point, but...

Sometimes I find it amusing to read through all the inconsistencies on sites, like Zango's horrible privacy policy? Dunno why. Anyway, it's totally a fraud.

direct copy paste from the yahoo answer you posted but its full of lulz

cribby08

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whenever you see a brand new (not refurbished) NDS below $129.99 and from a website be very careful.

On a side note, visa protects you from such fraud even if you do get scamed. I have got scammed before and visa put the money back the next buisness day!

Always be careful though.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
Last week in Canada, Zellers (a Canadian store like Target) and EB had all the DS Lites, including the crimson, for $109 all week. Zellers also had a $10 off anything over $50 coupon making it $99. EB also had a trade in special where you could trade in your Phat or Lite for $100 off towards any console. On top of that, Best Buy and Futureshop had NDSLs bundled with 1 free game AND you could price match them with Zellers or EB depending on how nice the manager was.

(I'm now the proud owner of a white and a crimson thanks to this.)

mat88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Do Zellers have the DSLite for 109$ now? or the nice deal is finish?? I was waiting some nice price to buy a Onyx DS Lite
frown.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That site = I'm 110% that's a Scam site.

Just buy a DS Lite for it's full price ($130)

I doubt you're gonna get it new and less than that price.

~Nero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y