$99 new Onyx (lite)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by PBC, Oct 23, 2007.

1. PBC
    OP

PBC What!? I can change this??

Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    New York
    Hello peoples...I just wanted to know if anyone had ever dealt with a particular website (I'm not here to advertise)
    yourps3direct.com.

They seem to be offering a NEW onyx DS lite for $99...Which seems too good to be true.

I've never heard of this store, and the frequent misspelling of Nintendo as "Ninetendo" and more oftenly " Nindendo" kinda worries me. Shouldn't a store know how to spell....

ALSO OF NOTE

I did a mock check-out....to assess the shipping costs...and I am please (OR CONFUSED) to note that all shipping methods are 0.00 (Free?) That includes UPS 2 Day air, UPS ground, and EVEN next day air. By the way, the address entered was a New york address if that matters.

Now if someone responds and says that this website is reputable then I just may order a new DS lite!!!
    But...excuse me if I say this.....THIS LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?!

I trust that if this WERE a true offer then of course me posting this will cause them to run out of stock before I can go back and get one....=P Anyway...Thanks for the replys in advance.

EDIT:

Evidence AGAINST this site.... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...01194424AADv6c9

Think I'm going to stear clear of ordering this....but if anyone else feels lucky please tell me how its goes =)

2. becker2384

becker2384 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2007
    United States
    Iowa USA
    usually deals that seem too good to be true usually are. Especialy $99 nindendo's!

3. BoneMonkey

BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

Banned
    Dec 9, 2006
    United States
    USA
    i would not trust that site

4. aerowalk

aerowalk GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2006
    100% scam

i google for "Bodhania Rae" (registrant of yourps3direct.com - from the domain whois), turns out that he's running couple of fraud sites

5. PBC
    OP

PBC What!? I can change this??

Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    New York
    Yep...I now feeling I should have done abit more investigating myself before I posted here. Just understandably excited and wanted some opinions.

I did google that name and whomever it is is behind many sites of ill repute.

I hope no one is robbed by that site as a result of my POST!!

6. notnarb

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
    direct copy paste from the yahoo answer you posted but its full of lulz

7. cribby08

cribby08 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2006
    United States
    Whenever you see a brand new (not refurbished) NDS below $129.99 and from a website be very careful.

On a side note, visa protects you from such fraud even if you do get scamed. I have got scammed before and visa put the money back the next buisness day!

Always be careful though.

8. matriculated

matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Last week in Canada, Zellers (a Canadian store like Target) and EB had all the DS Lites, including the crimson, for $109 all week. Zellers also had a $10 off anything over $50 coupon making it $99. EB also had a trade in special where you could trade in your Phat or Lite for $100 off towards any console. On top of that, Best Buy and Futureshop had NDSLs bundled with 1 free game AND you could price match them with Zellers or EB depending on how nice the manager was.

(I'm now the proud owner of a white and a crimson thanks to this.)

9. mat88

mat88 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2003
    Canada
    Montreal
    Do Zellers have the DSLite for 109$ now? or the nice deal is finish?? I was waiting some nice price to buy a Onyx DS Lite [​IMG]

10. mong

mong Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2007
    Canada
    No idea if Zellers still sell them at 109$ but apparently, the new price at EBGames is 109$. So, you may want to check it there.

11. matriculated

matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Nope it just ended before the weekend. Sorry dude.

12. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    That site = I'm 110% that's a Scam site.

Just buy a DS Lite for it's full price ($130)

I doubt you're gonna get it new and less than that price.

~Nero

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice