Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Apparently 51 percent of iPhone owners have more than five games on their device, while 46 of BlackBerry owners don't have any games downloaded.

It's certainly not an apples to apples comparison but the news that only 1.7 percent of PSP owners have downloaded a PSP Minis game certainly isn't too impressive.

Got your number

To be precise, the actual news is that after nine months, one million PSP Minis have been downloaded; note that's downloaded so probably includes free demos as well as paid games.

This compares to a PSP install base of 60 million, giving a rough figure of 98.3 percent who haven't downloaded a Minis and just 1.7 percent who have.

Technically though, this is could be an over-estimate as some PSP owners will have more than one Minis game, and you can also buy and play them through your PlayStation 3.

Gotta prime the pump

Obviously it isn't great news for Sony, especially in terms of encouraging more companies to release games via the format.

To-date there have been 86 games from around 50 developers and publishers.

Still, there are some good titles out there, even if you can probably get them cheaper on the App Store.

The top 10 list of the best selling PSP Minis to-date is:

Age of Zombies (Halfbrick)
Monopoly (EA)
Fieldrunners(Subatomic)
Zombie Tycoon (Frima)
Bloons(Hands-on)
Spot The Differences! (Sanuk)
Pinball Fantasies(Cowboy Rodeo )
Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 (G5)
Yetisports Pengu Throw (Xendex)
Breakquest (Beatshapers)

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/PSP+Min...ews.asp?c=22165

I think them being cheaper on App Store could be a big factor that and piracy. There are a lot of good stuff but most aren't PSP only. A personal fave is Vector TD which you can play online anyway.

Work harder Sony.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gaydrian said:
...but FF7 is crap.
rofl.gif
`nuff said...
QUOTE(Juanmatron @ Jul 14 2010, 11:06 PM) PSP Minis is just a copy of Wii/DSiWare.
I think Apple introduced these kind of downloadable mini-games through their Appstore, which IMO is unrivaled yet because of the sheer amount of content...

What would really be interesting to know is, how many DSi-Owners bought DSiWare-games just to have a good comparison between the two directly competing systems.

If these minis/dsiware-games doesn`t do well on DSi as well it certainly is not an exclusive Playstation-problem (maybe there is no market for these small experiences on these systems); if it does well on DSi however Sony really needs to see why there is no interest in minis...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
so then how did this happen

PlayStation minis: Over 1 Million Served

if 98% dont buy minis

minis are small under 100mb games
some can run on the Ps3 as well
Read the quote on the OP:

QUOTEone million PSP Minis have been downloaded; note that's downloaded so probably includes free demos as well as paid games.

Still makes it 98%.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love PSP minis, i myself have Age of Zombies and Fieldrunners on my PSP
biggrin.gif

Age of Zombies is so awesome!, too bad no multiplayer

Site & Scene News