Hacking Question 90% of my games are gone and I'm freaking out!!!

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started Stock + Clear logs from Hekate, and ALMOST ALL OF MY GAMES give me an error screen!! When I go to Data Management > Software, most of my games say 0.0 MB. I think that the games that were saved to the SD Card somehow fucked up, and I'm shaking right now. I'm freaking the fuck out. Please, please help.

EDIT: Not even my cartridges work... What is this?!?!

EDIT 2: All of my cartridge games work, except Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

EDIT 3: I popped my SD card back (reinserted it, I wasn't as stupid as to forget about putting it in). Somehow, all of my games are back, everything is. I'm really sorry for wasting all of your time.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,
Reactions: NoNAND

timmystar04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just started Stock + Clear logs from Hekate, and ALMOST ALL OF MY GAMES give me an error screen!! When I go to Data Management > Software, most of my games say 0.0 MB. I think that the games that were saved to the SD Card somehow fucked up, and I'm shaking right now. I'm freaking the fuck out. Please, please help.
Have you tried to reset your switch?

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like a SD card corruption. Don't worry, your saves should be safe on the internal memory, but you'll have to redownload the games.

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you just redownload them from the eShop? There's probably a repair option.
I hope I can, but I don't want to delete anything until I figure out what is happening.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks like a SD card corruption. Don't worry, your saves should be safe on the internal memory, but you'll have to redownload the games.
I wouldn't think so. Not even cartridge games work.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did your Carts ever download DLC/Updates, it sounds like to me what I've faced for awhile having Homebrew, and My Switch Games running off the same SD Card, sometimes portions of the SD Card corrupt specifically with Games, and rarely Saves (Which is why you should have Checkpoint Back-ups ASAP) as a result of the Homebrew Errors, and sometimes those portions are larger then others, just remove the SD Card, and choose a game Cart that doesn't have a large required download, and see if you can run it without the SD Card data if not, then I fear we have a rare internal corruption, which I'm not sure is even possible, but I won't leave it out simply because I don't think it could happen, after-all I/Anyone can be wrong on that.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All cartrdiges work except mario kart 8 deluxe.

What... fucking damnit!!
I was trying to install an Ext2/3/4 driver for Windows just before this. It, of course, with my luck, broke the entire Windows Explorer! I can't even look at the contents of the SD Card.

I was installing the driver because I was planning to install Lakka on my Switch. And Lakka formats the partition with the roms/content on it with ext4.

This... Couldn't get any worse.

The ext2/3/4 volume manager is:
1: Not responding
2: So fucked, that not even task manager can close it.

I'm gonna try uninstalling the driver. Be right back. Hope I get back alive. /s

EDIT: This must be a joke. The control panel has no contents.

upload_2018-7-3_3-58-10.png

I managed to get my SD Card open. Note that "LAKKA" isn't supposed to be the name of this SD Card. It's just the name of the card before I plugged this one in. This PC is dead.

upload_2018-7-3_4-0-20.png

This is also not right. This also must've stuck over from the other SD Card.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did your Carts ever download DLC/Updates, it sounds like to me what I've faced for awhile having Homebrew, and My Switch Games running off the same SD Card, sometimes portions of the SD Card corrupt specifically with Games, and rarely Saves (Which is why you should have Checkpoint Back-ups ASAP) as a result of the Homebrew Errors, and sometimes those portions are larger then others, just remove the SD Card, and choose a game Cart that doesn't have a large required download, and see if you can run it without the SD Card data if not, then I fear we have a rare internal corruption, which I'm not sure is even possible, but I won't leave it out simply because I don't think it could happen, after-all I/Anyone can be wrong on that.
Thanks very much for this message. I am currently trying to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe working without the SD card. It's downloading some data, even though it's a cartridge. I think it's an update.

is that windows 10?
Are you going to complain about my OS? If yes: then no, it isn't. If not: then yes, it is Windows 10.

Mario Kart works without the SD Card. Okay, I think you're right. My SD Card probably fucked all of my data. What the fuck, do I have a fake?!

Currently murdering this horrible driver:
upload_2018-7-3_4-7-58.png

Mario Kart works without the SD Card. Okay, I think you're right. My SD Card probably fucked all of my data. What the fuck, do I have a fake?!
After reinstalling the update/extra data without the SD Card, it works with the SD card too.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks very much for this message. I am currently trying to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe working without the SD card. It's downloading some data, even though it's a cartridge. I think it's an update.

Are you going to complain about my OS? If yes: then no, it isn't. If not: then yes, it is Windows 10.
lol. well played. I'll just say that if you mess around in places where free stuff is being offered windows 10 is more prone to getting broken than windows 7. Other advise i can give you is having 2 internal hard drives. one with windows installed and minimum storage and the other for storage. Whenever I have "issues" with my pc or I feel suspicious that I've been affected by a naughty file I just reinstall my OS quickly and because I have everything I need on the second hard drive (main programs i use/drivers/and whatever else i need) I'm back up and running with a fresh new install within 30 mins. good luck

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS MUST BE A JOKE!!
I pop my SD Card back into my system. EVERYTHING IS WORKING.

I swear to fucking god, some eternal being just wanted me to die of a heart attack.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS MUST BE A JOKE!!
I pop my SD Card back into my system. EVERYTHING IS WORKING.

I swear to fucking god, some eternal being just wanted me to die of a heart attack.
it might have something to do with that swearing... lol

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

EDIT: Not even my cartridges work... What is this?!?!

EDIT 2: All of my cartridge games work, except Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Same thing happened to me earlier.... SD corrupted archive the games then download software via the internet it will restore them and your saves stay in tact

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the fuck, hang on a minute. My games work now, but I went to data management > software. Everything looked fine, displayed game sized, etc. Then, I look back at my screen, everything is back to 0.0 MB. Games still work though, and now I'm back in data management > software and so far the game sizes are correct.

Same thing happened to me earlier.... SD corrupted archive the games then download software via the internet it will restore them and your saves stay in tact
Yes, but see, for me, it just solved itself. I have no clue what the fuck happened, but now everything works.

it might have something to do with that swearing... lol
Heh, I guess so. I just swear when I'm freaked out. Oh btw, it's 4 am where I live and I wanted to get this out of the way so I could have a nice sleep instead of dreaming about a demon eating all of my SD Cards.

Reactions: OblivionReign

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.