90% of American DS users are PIRATES!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Joey Ravn, Jan 31, 2008.

  1. Joey Ravn
    OP

    Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

    Member
    1,337
    0
    Aug 29, 2007
    Linky

    We all know from where they're pulling this statistics, don't we? [​IMG] Seriously... if 90% of America's DS owners use the R4 to pirate game, then the other 10% uses a CycloDS to pirate games... or this statistics don't represent reality.
     


  2. xJonny

    xJonny ...

    Member
    1,395
    0
    Aug 16, 2007
    The latter XD
     
  3. AndreXL

    AndreXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    514
    0
    Dec 28, 2006
    Yup. Heck, they've got statistics coming out their @$$.
     
  4. Jax

    Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

    Member
    4,118
    264
    Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.
    84% of all statistics are made up.
     
  5. pasc

    pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

    Member
    2,589
    145
    Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    OMG I actually lol'd.
     
  6. Satangel

    Satangel BEAST

    Member
    10,255
    556
    Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    How many percent of the DS owners it really is?
    Because everyone I know with a DS already has heard rumors of flashcarts.
    They usually don't know exactly what they are, but they know it exists...
     
  7. Veho

    Veho The man who cried "Ni".

    Former Staff
    8,823
    16,509
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    So, God forbid any actual research, eh? Are you sure this isn't a Fox News bulletin?
     
  8. shakirmoledina

    shakirmoledina Legend

    Member
    6,611
    218
    Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    ya i don't think so lol
    It would seem that many are but not tht much
     
  9. ds6220

    ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    393
    0
    Jul 10, 2006
    United States
    I think they meant to say that 90% of the people I know [​IMG] (but then again, how do they know who I am? [​IMG] )
     
  10. Sinkhead

    Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

    Former Staff
    3,692
    0
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    I would say 30% at maximum, probably around 15-20%
     
  11. JPH

    JPH Banned

    Banned
    6,892
    11
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    Sounds entirely inaccurate.

    I'd say 5 - 10 % at most. [​IMG]
     
  12. Westside

    Westside Sogdiana

    Member
    2,905
    61
    Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
    Only after hearing this song:
     
  13. Satangel

    Satangel BEAST

    Member
    10,255
    556
    Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    That much?
    I can't stop thinking that we are ruining the NDS market, resulting in less confidence of the developers to bring out a game on the NDS.
    Except maybe for the eternal Brain Training clones, but who needs those games [​IMG]
     
  14. MrKuenning

    MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    233
    0
    Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Alaska
    Naw, I know a lot of DS owners, and I am the only one with an R4.

    Plus, I woulnt have bought my DS if it wernt for R4.

    So in a way they are making nintendo money.
     
  15. D1MX

    D1MX GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    133
    0
    Mar 23, 2007
    United States
    Same goes for PSP, who the hell buys PSP games w/ all the custom firmware available even for the PSP Slim. Piracy can't be stopped, it can only be slowed down. I know a lot of people in my area (NYC) that have an R4 actually...its pretty commonplace around here LMAO.
     
  16. xalphax

    xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

    Member
    1,270
    14
    Nov 18, 2006
    Croatia
    here'n'there
    i guess they wanted to say that 90% of pirates use an R4, but still that sounds like they made it up.

    anyway: *sings* A pirate I was meant to be! Trim the sails and roam the sea!....

    ARR!
     
  17. dakeyras

    dakeyras GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    271
    1
    Oct 1, 2007
    Netherlands
    Soooo, according to the NPD group nintendo has sold 17.65 million nintendo ds's in the US. So 15.89 million of those are being used with an R4. R4's makers must be rich. [​IMG]
     
  18. Lumstar

    Lumstar Princess

    Member
    3,629
    89
    Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    More accurate would be saying "90% of DS or GBA owners on GBAtemp are pirates", maybe?
     
  19. herbanassault

    herbanassault GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    105
    0
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    City of God, State of Mind
    And kids are listening to Marilyn Manson, playing Grand Theft Auto, and subsequently kill people.

    Honestly, I know a lot of DS owners, and I don't know anyone who has even rudimentary knowledge of the flash hardware scene.
     
  20. legendofphil

    legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

    Member
    2,214
    2
    Nov 19, 2002
    ELSPA have said they never commented on this and would never comment on anything outside the UK.