9.2.0 Downgrade after NFIRM downgrade with dsiwarehax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by zaferman, Dec 12, 2016.

1. zaferman
    OP

zaferman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Greece
    I completed the NFIRM downgrade with waithax and 4swords.
    Now I will downgrade to 9.2.0.My question is about a message in the plailect guide saying :

So are the chances of this happening high? I have 4swords and one jagged alliance as of dsiware installed.
    System format means 4swords gets deleted right?

2. Eastonator12

Eastonator12 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    If it doesn't matter, you should system format. You can always re-download the dsiware game, but I formatted (without sd card in) and it worked without a problem

3. zaferman
    OP

zaferman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Greece
    I don't even care about jagged alliance but i think 4swords is not something you want uninstalled if it's not absolutely obligatory.
    4swords now is in the SD card right?So when you formatted without SD you didn't lose your dsiware,right?

4. Eastonator12

Eastonator12 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    I didn't lose it, but I deleted it because I no longer needed it. I can't use it on my bros 3ds, as I have a new one. Once you get down to 9.2 you take a nand backup, so if that's what u wanted dgTool for you don't need it.

5. zaferman
    OP

zaferman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Greece
    Thanks! :)

6. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Don't bother formatting. Worst case is updating to 11.2, but retaining the exploited DSiWare. If you want to be extra careful, do a full NAND backup with the DSiWare first. Hell, I'd do that anyway.