1. fisticuffs

OP fisticuffs Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    As the title reads, I'm needing some more information, I've read to set autonogc to 0 in the hekate_ipl.ini file. But doing this will update my cart firmware on both sides correct ? System and Emunand ?
    Any help would be appreciated. And in reality I don't use my system side just don't want to mess with it or get it banned. Waiting on the upcoming modchip so can use my system side with
    no worries. Thanks again.

2. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    There is no 2 sides for the game cart firmware. It's the firmware in the reader. Once it's updated it's forever updated. If your not going to downgrade and you got carts you play why not update it?
    You can't go online with 4.1 it will mak er you how to.9.1 of w hat e get the latest is. Do you play on 4.1?

3. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Poland
    Cartridge slot firmware is independent, so it's not updating it in sysnand or emunand, but in slot directly. So if you will update it, it won't work with older firmwares.

fisticuffs likes this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    It should not be a problem, you are probably never going to want to use the cartridge slot on a lower firmware anyway since you'll always be running emuNAND. You will always have to remove the cartridge before powering on though.

fisticuffs and (deleted member) like this.
  5. fisticuffs

OP fisticuffs Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the info and advice guys

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - iPatched, switch, error