Hacking Homebrew 9.0 backport tool/program... BP games for 6.72/ 5.05 FW releasing very slowly

LookaZD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I was wondering are the games for 9.0 fw now much more difficult to backport for 6.72/ 5.05 fw?
Cause backports are releasing very very slowly now, maybe one per day, and there are some games that I would like to play but at this rate BP for them will not release untill next year at best...

I was googling but couldn't find any program for backporting games from 9.0 to 6.72/ 5.05 like the one from Modded Warfare...
Is there any similar tool/ program available right now for 9.0 Backports so that we don't need to wait for @opoisso893 and @cyber1000 to do all the work :/
And btw thanks for all the hard work that these guys are doing to give us backports.

And please don't suggest me to update to 9.0 fw, cause I know that's the option but right now I'm very happy with my 6.72 fw and with my customized "PS-Phive" interface, and putting USB every time before jailbreaking is a little off to me, so I would like to wait either for backports or for PS-Phive version of 9.0 jailbreak once they fix this thing with USB :)

Oornagootan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
No there is no tool for it
Backporting 9.00 games is very difficult
They all require different methods of Backporting to work, combine that with lots of trial and error and testing to make sure everything works right. that's why they are slow to release

Since you don't want to update your only option is to focus on a few games that have backports and wait because as far as I know the whole USB thing is not going away, it's just how this hack works.

jackfavvv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, could you do a tutorial to create fixes that work in 5.05?
The problem is, backporting newer game requires a lot of advance patching, and default tools doesn't work for backporting to 5.05. Backporting to 6.72 was already hard and for 8.00 is even worse.

That being said, you are way better off just waiting for someone else to backport instead because this isn't going to be a simple process.

Last edited by jackfavvv,

phant0mg33k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go to the newer firmware. New keys to run the programs you want. plan and simple. The success rate of the exploit is way better. Even if it is a "little off" deal with it. The exploits are night and day different. Do you like getting newer games? good so do other people. Sony knows about this stuff in a basic way. Else they would not update the private keys that allow such content to work. Now that a 9.00 exploit is running around s0ny can just make new updates that will not install on your 9.00 firmware.

Last edited by phant0mg33k,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs