8gb usb flash drive vs anything bigger than 8gb

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by chicken11, Jul 17, 2011.

1. chicken11
    OP

Member chicken11 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    can any 1 please confirm or clarify,i have got a 8gb usb flash drive which works 100%,i can put any wii game on it and it loads and plays,how ever i have tried a 16 gb usb and recently a 64 gb kingston data traveler 150.i format both sticks to fat 32,used same back up manager,the same game is added to stick,when i open usb(cfg v 70) the game is there but when i click start i get black screen.i believe both sticks have been fake,my 8 gb stick works but not my other bigger sticks.is there a different set up for usb sticks bigger than 8 gb or am i unlucky to have got 2 fake sticks.what makes me think sticks are faulty is that i format sticks to fat 32,copied a wii game which was 4.32 gb un extracted,my stick reports game 4.32gb,when i put stick in another pc and try to extract game it fails at first rar file as no files,but i can do this process using 8 gb stick and works 100%.am i doing any thing wrong or just got fake sticks,sorry but just need to clarify that what i am doin is correct and fake sticks or i am a total prick and doin it wrong

2. Lanlan

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    My 16gig works, try unplugging it and plugging it back in when the 90 second countdown timer is on there. Also check to see if the HBC is picking it up by putting an app on it. I sometimes have problems with loaders not picking up the flash drives.

3. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks for the quick reply,could you please confirm what i am doin is right then or am i missing something

4. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    could be that they are fake could be that its something in cios could be that you are doing something wrong

what you need to do is eliminate this possibility one at a time

fake is easiest
    a) there are tools to test this
    b) alternatively find a video file you can play, copy many copies of it to the stick till it is full, try to play the first and last one, on a good drive it will work on a fake MOST LIKELY not

5. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

If it's a kingston, just post a picture/describe the colour. The fakes are almost always the wrong colour because they're smaller drives that have been hacked.

6. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    i brought kingston off ebay but cause i am certain its a fake i have emailed seller and returned it back but as yet have had no reply or refund, but stick was black with red lines on i think,i believe it is cause it did not hold all data on it

Posts merged

i brought kingston off ebay but cause i am certain its a fake i have emailed seller and returned it back but as yet have had no reply or refund, but stick was black with red lines on i think,i believe it is cause it did not hold all data on it

Posts merged

7. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom

Posts merged

8. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    my kingston usb was fake,returned to trader and he has refunded me,this is second usb stick off ebay so beware if buying,there must be a lot of fake usb sticks which i guess must be anything bigger than 8 gb,so i guess what i was doing was right then unless some 1 can tell me other wise and my problems was my fake stick,thanks