8GB SDHC not supported by Bootmii startup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by desh_thiere, Aug 14, 2009.

Aug 14, 2009
  1. desh_thiere
    OP

Member desh_thiere GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hey guys, so I have bootmii installed as boot2 and unfortunately my 8gig SDHC card is not supported on startup. So, if I leave the SDHC in the wii slot when it goes to boot, instead of autobooting to the sys menu (which is what i have the .ini set to) the wii just sits at a black screen and does bugger all. If I take the SD card out it boots fine with no issues, but it is a pain to have to take it out and put it back in all the time. I know this is a common problem, but I just have one question.

I wanna get a new SDHC card that is supported, probably a 16 gig one. If I get a 16 gig SDHC card and then do a direct copy of all the VC roms from the old SD to the new one, will the wii then run all of those VC games off the new sd when i put it in the wii? I have a hunch that the answer is no due to ticket installations etc. If someone could let me know I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The games will work no matter what card you play them from. The tickets are installed to the Wii, not the card.

3. desh_thiere
    OP

Australia
    Kick ass, in that case, can anyone recommend a 16gb SDHC card that will work with bootmii startup?

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    i recommend you stick with your 8gb until nand emulation comes out, then you play all you ww/vc games off an hdd.
    the money you would spend on a 16gb sd card could easily for a good sized usb hard drive

5. desh_thiere
    OP

Australia
    NAND emulation will be great in the future but right now I am sick of having to get up and take out my SD card everytime I turn on my wii. All I am really after is a 8-16GB card that I know is supported by the bootmii startup process, which currently mine isn't.

6. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States

You can use your current card without hacing to get up and take out the sd card everytime you turn on your wii.

Just load the sd card on your computer and rename the bootmii folder to something else for now.This way it will not be seen upon startup.

Works perfect this way.Then when you get your compatiable card just copy everything over and rename the folder back to bootmii

7. desh_thiere
    OP

Australia
    Unfortunately, this will not work. There are NO bootmii files on my 8gb SDHC. I have my bootmii files on a separate 2 gig SD which works perfectly to startup bootmii and also reflash my NAND from backup. The 8GB one simply has VC roms and wiiware on it. Yet, when i have it in the SD slot when bootmii searches for files, it will not boot. I have also tried copying over the bootmii files and ssetting up the auto boot option and it still simply black screens. When I take it out and boot up the wii it works perfectly every time, so it is obviously the SDHC card.

8. Gunfreak11

Member Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried running the hackmii installer and selecting "Prepare SD Card?"