Gaming 8gb SD card on the wii?

dippindivin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I copy all of my data from my 2gb SD card over to my 8gb SD card, the wii does not recognize the card. Do I need to do anything to help the wii recognize the new 8gb card? I have the 4.1 update installed on my Wii.

Thanks

Thang_Bom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 GB+ ( etc, 8GB & 16GB) needs a HC adaptor. I think the built-in version does not support more than 2 GB, etc. It is not a SD HC adaptor card. To use your 8GB, you need to have SDHC adaptor and put it on the USB (the one is on the back).

Red Ire Lap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not true, i have no trouble using my 8GB SDHC cart in the front slot. I would recommend getting the panasonic SD formatter from their site. Free download. It works much better than the windows default one and works with all types of SD/SDHC. Good Luck

henniger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Red Ire, I was always under the impression that 2gb was all the front slot would identify, will get a 16 gb tomorrow and see if that will work. Now if only there was a way to increase the internal memory on the wii

1ronlung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Ire Lap said:
Not true, i have no trouble using my 8GB SDHC cart in the front slot. I would recommend getting the panasonic SD formatter from their site. Free download. It works much better than the windows default one and works with all types of SD/SDHC. Good Luck

2nd that

okimasa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, sorry if this is a little out of place, ever since I got my Wii to the way I like it, I've been out of the loop.

Anyway, just like to mention that I can confirm that a Kingston 8GB micro SD (in it's Micro SD to SD adapter thing) will work with a Wii on 3.2U

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory the Wii can read all SD/SDHC cards. The biggest they make is 32GB. I connot confirm a 32GB card working as I don't have one but my 16GB PNY SDHC works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs