Hacking 8gb sd card in m3 lite....

aphexpusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820208088

I have heard that they got these types of cards working somewhat in the GP2X without new firmware but there are bugs like slow read write. has anybody tried sticking any kind of sdhc card in a m3? it says it is sd 2.0 compatible. Im sure it would just take a new firmware update to get the thing running.

EDIT: Sorry the title is a bit misleading. I dont mean the m3 lite. sorry about that. I meant the sd slim version of the m3 adapter.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
FAT32 has a 4GB limit?

Then how come my old Quantum Fireball (amazing quality, haha) was formatted with FAT32 and it was like 15GB and recognized? Unless it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's FAT16. FAT32 can go up to a very large amount. Now, the real limitation of 4GB is the fact that current SD flashcarts are not SDHC compliant, to my knowledge, so they cannot use SD cards greater than 4GB (in fact, they can't even use some 4GB cards, since there's a few SDHC 4GB cards).

jon_jon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Format capacity of flash cards and hard drives are not the same.

Do a google search about the FAT32 limits and there are plenty of websites that explain the 4GB limitation of FAT32.

FAT16 cards like SC are limited to 2GB where as the M3 uses FAT32 and can access upto 4GB.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is going to be a bit off-topic, and I don't know if this is true, but here's a guy claiming he's using a 16 GB CF on a M3 device:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/...316.php#c414386

That dude is probably lying
rolleyes.gif

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format capacity of flash cards and hard drives are not the same.

Do a google search about the FAT32 limits and there are plenty of websites that explain the 4GB limitation of FAT32.

FAT16 cards like SC are limited to 2GB where as the M3 uses FAT32 and can access upto 4GB.

Yes, that's precisely why I could format my 4GB SD card with FAT16 and have it WORK.

FAT32 does not have a 4GB limitation. It's EIGHT terabytes. The 4GB limitation is for a SINGLE file. Not the partition size (which is what we are talking about).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1