Hacking 8Gb Sandisk card won't boot on EZ V

Mattiasostklint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

Got a EZ V and a 3-in-1 about a year ago. got a nice 1Gb sandisk to go with them and it worked fine.

For Christmas present for myself I got a Sandisk 8Gb card fom a mainstream internet supplier. It came in original wrapping, and the card works just fine on the computer. It actually came formatted to FAT32, nice!

Now, it feels as though I have tried everything, two different versions, formatted and re-formatted and... Last attempt I reformatted the card, copied the entire contents from the old card to the new card, and still nothing.

What happens is that when I select EZflash in the DS boot menu, I get the loading screen on the lower screen as usual, but only black in the upper screen (with the old card it's scrolling bootup text). And there it freezes, nothing happens.

I have done absolutely nothing extravagant with the DS, nothing flashed or anything else, and I only use the thing for playing ROMS and DSorganize.

It's not disastrous, I mean it still works with the old card, but... anyone else has these problems?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is your EZ5 a "Plus" version ?
Only Ez5 Plus is compatible with microSDHC cards.
wink.gif

ezvplustrans.png

Mattiasostklint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, you're right.

Hell, I'll stick with the 1Gb for now and put the 8 GB to good work in my cellphone.

And start thinking of upgrading to a slightly less obsolete passcard;-)

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb