8GB or 16GB iPod?

lcdec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4GB of music. 17MB of pictures. I will occasionally watch videos. So I will probably use 1GB for movie trailers. That's a total of about 5GB and 20MB. Which should I choose? The 16GB or 8GB model. I also don't like deleting stuff when I run out of space and I will expect to download more albums in the future. So which one should I buy? Thanks.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You actually download movie trailers? Who does that?

Anyway, it sounds like you'll be wanting the 16gb (also sounds like you're talking about the ipod touch).

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
lcdec said:
I have 4GB of music. 17MB of pictures. I will occasionally watch videos. So I will probably use 1GB for movie trailers. That's a total of about 5GB and 20MB. Which should I choose? The 16GB or 8GB model. I also don't like deleting stuff when I run out of space and I will expect to download more albums in the future. So which one should I buy? Thanks.

You never had "enough" space. In a couple of years you'll have 3Gigs of music and 5Gigs of movies if not more. If it's not budget related get the biggest you can afford.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
get the 16 GB version...you may soon start to download lots of music/videos/podcast and run out of space...even 16GB would be to small in my opinion...120 GB ipod ftw
biggrin.gif

I started of with 8 GB of music 5 GB of video...now I'm at 11Gb of music, 7 GB of video and 30 GB of podcasts in about a month
biggrin.gif

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
get an external hard drive crack open your ipod that you dont have and find a way to interface the hard drvie with the internal memory. close up your ipod and get a couple rolls of duct tape and then tape your ipod to the hard drive and carry around a car battery with you so you will never run out of battery life.

lcdec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys, but I decided to get the 8GB, I only use the iPod to workout because my Zune is too heavy.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8GB should suffice. You won't be able to carry your whole music library but who needs to =)
Pick your favorites and the apps should be fine.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an 8 gig iPhone, and while it can't hold everything, it suffices. I've got 6 gigs of music plus apps with space for a movie if I really want. Plus, if you are getting the touch (from the capacities you could be getting a nano) there is an app which lets you stream your music from your computer, so you don't necessarily have to carry it all with you all the time.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
beedog19 said:
I've got an 8 gig iPhone, and while it can't hold everything, it suffices. I've got 6 gigs of music plus apps with space for a movie if I really want. Plus, if you are getting the touch (from the capacities you could be getting a nano) there is an app which lets you stream your music from your computer, so you don't necessarily have to carry it all with you all the time.

Do you mean the remote? B/c that doesn't quite stream the song onto your ipod touch through your computer... It just acts like a remote to a radio(which your computer would act as the radio -.-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM