Hacking 80X MicroSD! Fastest MicroSD EVER!

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alot of MicroSD cards are now 80X aka, 12/mbs a second READ SPEEDS. What does that mean for us? It means SUPER FAST no LAG Castlevania movie (like i care i have the actual game) are tony hawk and animal crossing.

Links:

First 80X MicroSD.
http://www.usamemory.net/512mbmicrosd.html

I will order some and do a full review with SuperCard Lite when i receieve it. Stay Tuned!

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am going to order this because it will take off all the slowdown. Since 12/mbs second speed is comparable to internal memory. (Not by alot though)

Yea standard cards are 8. High Speed is 9. Ultra High Speed is 10. Whats this? Ultra Super Mega High Speed
tongue.gif

etresed

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah well I've ordered one of those sandisk ultra ones with 10mb/s read speed (66x)

same here lol, I emailed the guy at supercardstore and he reckons that the speed of the micro isn't that important as its the speed of the internal supercard memory.

Anyway i'm looking forward to getting my hands on a SC lite and i'll let you guys know how well it works with the Sandisk 1GB Ultra II Transflash ( Micro SD ) Card I have.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate to burst the bubble, but it is most certainly not the first 80x microSD (Transflash) card, 80x cards have been on the market for some time. I have one that I use with the EZ-Flash IV Lite - performance is great.

KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
of course. this is just the first time i have seen some actually for sale. i saw a whole bunch for preorder like a month ago. i didnt bother to go check on the sites though.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a great link comparing speed of varying flash memory cards. http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/performance_verified.htm

You may notice that the 'read' speed on most of them is fairly even, and thinking about it the Castlevania video can only be 15-20MB big (if that)... so even the worst cards could stream the whole lot in 2 seconds.

So my conclusion would be that it's not the read speed that is the major problem but the access times. The faster cards have much greater write speed and obviously newer tech chips with faster read/write access times, this is what the Castlvania video need fast access memory.

I can kind of verify this.. with a SC CF and a Kingston standard 1GB card the Castlevania video struggles slighty in places but with a Kingston Ultra 2GB the video runs flawless, but looking in the chart those 2 cards have basically the same read speed !? , so it must be something to do with access times. So get the fastest you can and you're more likely to get one with better access speed.

(sorry if bored any of you)

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hate to burst the bubble, but it is most certainly not the first 80x microSD (Transflash) card, 80x cards have been on the market for some time. I have one that I use with the EZ-Flash IV Lite - performance is great.
So the Castlevania intro plays fine for you?

I wouldn't bother with the 512MB micro SD, for that size I'd much rather get a G6 Lite (for better interface and battery life), so hopefully the 1GB 80x version isn't stupidly expensive, not that I'd find anywhere in Aus to buy one.
unsure.gif

pirate_arrh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So the Castlevania intro plays fine for you?

I wouldn't bother with the 512MB micro SD, for that size I'd much rather get a G6 Lite (for better interface and battery life), so hopefully the 1GB 80x version isn't stupidly expensive, not that I'd find anywhere in Aus to buy one.
unsure.gif

Yeah AUS sux for tech.

NZ FTW!

If i have slower than 80x will I be getting slowdown?

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I wouldn't go below 60X but I would recommend the 80X. 60X should be the slowest you buy or you'll be in lag city.

FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then I guess you've never played Animal Crossing, Tony Hawk, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Pinball and other graphically intensive games. Try those and then get back to me. So why are I and everyone on this board and other boards mentioning the lag problem for, are we all off our rockers? You just have never played the real game cart. In the begining of Animal Crossing once it says to press start and you do you'll notice how it puts out the letters very slow and the background 3d kinda slows down a bit. Also when coming out of any building hold the direction pad and press run and you'll notice a pause. Those are the two main slowdowns in AC and for you not to have them while everyone else does is not possible. Other games have the problem as in Tony Hawk there is choppy framerates with music playing and in Metroid Prime Hunters free look to fast will make the framerate chug a bit. Unless you're using media 60X or higher you WILL have these problems.

FifthE1ement

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well to be honest I only gave AC and TH a quick go and didn't like them. But I've spent many hours on MP:H and MP with no slowdowns whatsoever. I think these slowdown problems are greatly exagerated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.