8 GB SDHC card probem in R4 SDHC

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by mehrab2603, Mar 12, 2009.

Mar 12, 2009
  1. mehrab2603
    OP

Member mehrab2603 GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    I bought a 8 gb kingston micro sdhc card recently.at first i copied all the files from my older card to this new card.all the files showed up in my ds.but when i copied another 2 games to the card the r4 sdhc didn't recognize the internal game name and didn't show the cheats.same problem in ysmenu.

then i copied all files to my pc from this new card,formatted it,copied back all the files and then the card recognize all the games.

whenever i copy a file the card does not recognize it but if i copy all the files right after formatting the card in one time ,it recognizes them

please help me as i can't format the card every time i copy a new game.it's very time consuming because i don't have usb 2.0.my usb is 1.1

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Card corruption is a well known fault with the R4 SDHC. Use a 4gb SDHC card instead of an 8 and you'll probably find that your problem goes away.

3. TeenTin

Member TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Not even supporting 8G SD !!!!

Shame to be claimed as a SDHC card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    My R4 SDHC works awesome with a verbatim 8 gig micro in fact it works a lot better than it will in my eazyflash v plus i keep getting the frezing crap on the eazyflash with this card but on R4 is 100% good [​IMG]

5. buggernot

Banned buggernot Banned

United States
    R4 SDHC 8 gig card works if you gonna add more games copy your old game file in your computer and put it in you harddrive then Download SDFormatter then format your micro sd the computer formatter doesn't work. and if your gonna buy a R4 SDHC buy 4 gig it only works that way and 8 gig works but only 4 gig capacity not 5 gig it won't work....that way.... I hope It help you guys....

6. TeenTin

Member TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Still not working. Shame !!!

7. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    R4SDHC has a fucked up sd slot?
    try blow into it to blow the dust out...

8. Speelectronics.n

Newcomer Speelectronics.n Newbie

Netherlands
    R4SDHC works fine with also 8 GB

Whatever might happen above 4 GB is that it will slow down, the workaround for that issue is making an extra directory (and limit the files in it to 4 GB)