Hardware 8 GB or 16 GB Memory Card

• Thread starter Deleted-379826
  • Start date
  • Views 3,725
  • Replies 28
D

Deleted-379826

OP
So pretty much I have a PSTV and I was wondering which memory card I should get. I only care about fitting one game at a time. Can 8 gb fit any game? When I say game I'm mostly talking about .vpks though! Do you need double space to install? Is there any direct install? Thank you!

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
If you only want to install one game at a time, a 8GB is fine (since a game can't be bigger than 4GB). I really, *really* don't recommend it, but if you're sure you'll *never* have anything besides your game, then you'll be fine.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Both of those are incredibly small. I know the memory cards are expensive, but I suspect it will be a false economy to buy a card so small. 32GB is the bare minimum, and I do recommend people at least consider a 64GB card and see it as a long term investment.

But in answer to the question, no game is more than 4GB so the 8GB card should be enough to install one game and also have enough capacity for the .vpk file.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
If you only want to install one game at a time, a 8GB is fine (since a game can't be bigger than 4GB). I really, *really* don't recommend it, but if you're sure you'll *never* have anything besides your game, then you'll be fine.
Yep just one game. Homebrew can go on internal. (The little little I'll get). I really cute it to having enough money for the 8.
Both of those are incredibly small. I know the memory cards are expensive, but I suspect it will be a false economy to buy a card so small. 32GB is the bare minimum, and I do recommend people at least consider a 64GB card and see it as a long term investment.

But in answer to the question, no game is more than 4GB so the 8GB card should be enough to install one game and also have enough capacity for the .vpk file.
Going with the 8

Thanks!

D

Deleted-379826

OP
It sounds like you could just get away with 4GB, though that sounds painful.
I found a 25 CAD 16 gb mint condition memory card on a local selling sight! I'm crossing fingers it hasn't been sold! It has about 14 views and was posted 8 hours ago. I messaged him. :yay:

Reactions: sj33

Ray2R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind. People bought all of the 50$ 32GB PS VITA MEMORY CARDS for 40$ today with the eBay Code C10FALLFLASH that was 10$ off 50$. Now all you see is the expensive ones.

Last edited by Ray2R,
D

Deleted-379826

OP
By the way, check out VPK Shrink. I've never used it, but it allows people with lower capacity cards to install more games by avoiding copying the whole .vpk over at once.

http://hackinformer.com/2016/09/01/vpk-shrink-small-vita-memory-cards/
Alright, so with this will I be able to fit 1 game and 1 save at a time on a 4 gb memory card? I ended up getting a 4 gb because that's all I could find but I can still return it! So would it be possible? The biggest game I would want is Persona 4 Golden which comes out to 3.84 gb I believe. May I be able to play that? Thanks in advance! :P

D

Deleted User

OP
Certainly don't get 32GB or higher when you know you only want to have 1 game at a time. Having multiple games installed when you're just playing one at a time ends up being a waste of your money.

The 8GB should be fine as games aren't larger than 4GB. I don't know how large a game can get with all DLC + Patches installed but still, it shouldn't reach over 8GB.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Deleted-379826

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Alright, so with this will I be able to fit 1 game and 1 save at a time on a 4 gb memory card? I ended up getting a 4 gb because that's all I could find but I can still return it! So would it be possible? The biggest game I would want is Persona 4 Golden which comes out to 3.84 gb I believe. May I be able to play that? Thanks in advance! :P
There's a better solution now.

https://github.com/soywiz/vitaorganizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: